how does St. Thomas compare

pach

St Thomas has more shops, more ambiance. St Thomas you do not have to worry about liquor duty up to six bottles. St Martin liquor prices are cheaper. Jewelry is a toss up. St Thomas has more linen and china stores. Much nicer places to have a drink, etc in St Thomas. Shop downtown Charlotte Amalie, not Havensight mall!

Definitely St.martin for alcohol, not much into Jewelery but have been told many of times know your prices, chances are you will get a better deal state side. Did buy a swavorski crystal cat that was a good price. Also just an observation, we were not scheduled to hit St.Martin in September but due to Hurricane Jeannie we did. A majority of crew members came back to the ships with alot of electronics. I saw alot of stereos, camera's, dvd players etc. Also they were just renovating the main street and there are lots of great place's to grab a drink on the beach. They now have a boardwalk that goes along the beach which was very pretty.

shopping wise with St. Martin? I have been to St. Martin and really enjoyed the shopping.

Just my 2 cents, but I found the prices to be MUCH better in St. Maarten. We did some shopping at the little marketplace just by downtown in St. Thomas and the next day when we were in St. Maarten, a lot of the same things we purchased, we could have got for 1/2 price on St. Maarten. This was for some t-shirts, hawaiian type clothing, dresses, beach wraps, souveniors, etc. This was at 'some' stores anyways. HTH's

Archived