A favor if you are travelling to Dominica in Nov/early Dec

maynovmom

This is a weird request but....my mother bought a woman's wooden hair brush years ago as a souvenir in Dominica. It has a parrot painted on it in bright colors. The handle broke and we glued it together once but it broke again. If anyone is travelling there and is willing to look for a similar souvenir replacement for me I would really appreciate it. I know it is a silly request but it is something she really likes and we aren't travelling to that area this year. Anyone willing to look for this? I will pay you for it and the shipping. It would make a nice stocking stuffer surprise! :)

Is Dominica offered on another sailing than Victory?

The last sailing of the Victory with the Dominica port still in the itinerary is returning today. The ship goes into dry dock for 2 weeks and then it sails again WITHOUT Dominica in it's itinerary on Nov. 21st.

Do you know where in Dominica she bought it? I'd be willing to look for one for you, but I'm not a big shopper and might not know where to look.

I think it was on a bus tour we took. But I am sure it is one of those things that are sold by the locals on the streets like an outside market. When do you sail and on what ship? I guess the victory isn't going there any longer?

• 4 weeks later...
:-) What can I say, I was just trying to help. It cost a whole $4, so hopefully the OP will come back and claim it. If not, at least I tried to help someone have a nice holiday.

That was nice of you. I would have done the same. It's not like they asked you to buy a diamond ring. The OP may be working and will come back soon.

:-) What can I say, I was just trying to help. It cost a whole $4, so hopefully the OP will come back and claim it. If not, at least I tried to help someone have a nice holiday.

As someone else said, it was very nice of you to do (and not that much of a 'gamble' either :) ) Plus, you got to go to Dominica! :D

That was nice of you. I would have done the same. It's not like they asked you to buy a diamond ring. The OP may be working and will come back soon.

Maybe I should have bought a diamond ring. You can never have enough diamonds. :-)

Archived