Floating Wheelchair

This does look nice and thank GOD I am very lucky in the sense that neither I nor any family members need to depend on a wheel chair. Why don't you get an E-Mail address for the Special Needs Department and send them the link? Who knows, maybe one day someone on a RCL ship might be using one of these special wheel chairs, thanks to you.

This does look nice and thank GOD I am very lucky in the sense that neither I nor any family members need to depend on a wheel chair. Why don't you get an E-Mail address for the Special Needs Department and send them the link? Who knows, maybe one day someone on a RCL ship might be using one of these special wheel chairs, thanks to you.

We are also very fortunate! Thank you for the great suggestion.:D I think I will post this also on the "Disabled Cruise Travel" board!

special_needs@rccl.com note the _ between special and needs.

When my parents traveled with us, we went to Labadee and my father was thrilled to have the use of a sand wheelchair. He hadn't been able to go to a beach in years. We all thought it was wonderful of RCI to have the chairs and the staff to help push.

This floating wheelchair would have been an absolute dream!

Amazing! What a fantastic invention! Now let's see if the cruise lines, that make so much profit from physically challenged passengers who cruise repeatedly, will jump in and purchase a slew of these for each ship so that the cruise experience for those people who are physically challenged can he enhanced! So much is provided for other segments of the population who cruise, in terms of programs for tots and teens, which make their cruise so memorable. The purchase of a few dozen of these chairs, for each ship, would enable seniors to enjoy, once again, the delights of the beach and water!

Waddya say, RCCL?

Here is the news article that got my attention!

http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20101029/article/10291071

GSailing I also thought the beach chairs were fantastic. This just goes so much beyond. I will be thrilled to see adults and children be able to enjoy the water.

Windy couldn't agree more. Let's hope they do listen.

I will let you all know what the feedback is from the special needs department.

Amazing! What a fantastic invention! Now let's see if the cruise lines, that make so much profit from physically challenged passengers who cruise repeatedly, will jump in and purchase a slew of these for each ship so that the cruise experience for those people who are physically challenged can he enhanced! So much is provided for other segments of the population who cruise, in terms of programs for tots and teens, which make their cruise so memorable. The purchase of a few dozen of these chairs, for each ship, would enable seniors to enjoy, once again, the delights of the beach and water!

Waddya say, RCCL?

I wouldn't expect them to have them for each ship, would not be practical. But it would be excellent if they got some for Cococay and Labadee

Archived