Meet and Greets

kiwi121210

The cabin crawl / poker run is fun . We also did a pub crawl one night( it ended up as a crawl for some) had the actual M&G the first day out in the mid am. We brought mardi gras beads for everyone and since there was a bit of college football rivalry going on i made sure that everyone had to wear LSU purple and gold beads. I think we had just a bit over 60% of the cruisers that said they were coming actually show to the M&G and maybe 40% show for the activites.

Our good fortune was that we randomly got seated at dinner w/ another couple from our group.

We had a night before Meet and Greet at Fishlips before our Dream sailing. It was great. We probably had 40-60 people show up (Thanks Dreamsweeper!) and we actually had a cabin next door to one family that was there (two cabins). There were several on our floor also - it seemed like we would run into people all week we met that night.

We tried to do an onboard Meet and Greet during the Nassau sailaway but our location didn't work - aft bar area. It was so crowded. Plus those that didn't get off ship, were pretty boozed up by 2:00 in the hot sun.

Like the wine sharing idea. And I like the Ice cream idea.

our roll call is very active, we have cruisers from Australia, Canada and the USA , we have discussed what excursions we are going on, the contact information, different actives on the ship, the dinner before hand, we have set up a blog before hand, and the ice cream machine meeting the first night was a good place to meet. As i said before we do have a very fun group and we are all looking forward to meeting and greeting. As a first time cruisers I can not tell you all how much information from the roll call i have used. Thank you for roll calls and making us feel welcomed

:):):):)

We have several private excursions booked together. We also have a party booked through carnival - 2 hrs - open bar - so far we have about 26 people who have paid - appx $20/each. This should be a lot of fun. We are also doing informal meet/look out for each other during sail away. Our roll call has been very active - can't wait to meet my new friends!

On our last cruise on the Legend, we did a meet and greet in the sports bar before dinner of the first night, and then we all met at tea the next day. I brought name tags with everyone's CC name on them, and had blue ones for the first meet and greet and red one's for the second. None of us wanted to shell out money to set up a real bar, so we just utilized the areas where events were happening. I put on my name tag, and my husband his, and our friends's theirs and we were really conspicuous so when people came in they walked right up, got their name tags, and it was like we were all with old friends. Have fun!

Archived