Just back from the Pearl - Oct 31 Eastern

Scrappygrrl

Will be writing up full trip report soon, but overall a GREAT cruise, weather issues that could not be helped obviously, we made all ports of call except GSC due to rough seas. If anyone has specific questions, fire away.

2 notes off the top of my head.

1) they refined the MDR menus about on Day 2 of the cruise (Tues). Instead of three Daily entrees and 7 or 8 "always available", there are now 5 daily entrees. So I total of 12 or 13 entrees total. I have pictures. Will post w/ my report.

2) They are changing over the NCL production shows in a few months, they are working on all new shows now that they have ended their association with Jean Ann Ryan Productions. The current "NCL production" shows are South Beach review (embarkation day), Gardens of the Geisha, and Sea Legs.

Again, full trip report with pictures soon, but if anyone has urgent questions, please ask!

PS - Loved meeting my fellow CC'ers and running into folks and chatting every day!!!!

No questions, but just wanted to post and say we were on the same cruise and glad you too had a great time. I'll also be writing up a review (after unpacking, resting, etc.) and look forward to reading yours as well.

From a wonderful cruise...back to real life today

The current "NCL production" shows are South Beach review (embarkation day), Gardens of the Geisha, and Sea Legs

We'll be taking our first NCL cruise in two weeks on the Pearl. Please tell me more about these shows.

The current "NCL production" shows are South Beach review (embarkation day), Gardens of the Geisha, and Sea Legs

We'll be taking our first NCL cruise in two weeks on the Pearl. Please tell me more about these shows.

Will do my best:

South Beach Revue - MIami/Latin themed. Was very tired this night and left early. Featured an aerial acrobat on a hoop who was quite good.

Gardens of the Geisha - did not attend. My 6 year old went with the Kids Crew and said it was good. There were Ninjas he said.

Sea Legs - Vegas style show girl tribute "Through the years". Again, the aerial acrobat on the hoop was a highlight.

The singers were just OK in my estimation.

FYI - The other nights featured "Oh what a night" (Frankie Valli tribute), Sharkbait (juggling/comedy), the Second city, and the last night was half Shakbait/half Frankie Valli. Really enjoyed all those shows.

Thanks for the information about the shows.

I just got done watching the CNBC (?) special on NCL. Considering how much of the cruiseline's budget goes to entertainment, if the singing is only "okay", the cruiseline has been ripped off. We'll be pleased if the comedians are good.

Yazee -

I thought everything was really good. The current comedian, Rod LOng was very funny, as was the Second City. And Sharkbait was a riot! I also got a kick out of the Dancing with the Pearl Stars - the Second CIty comedians judge it and the were great. Because of traveling with a 6 year old, I missed alot of the 10:30 pm game shows in the SPinnaker, but I heard that the Dating Game was very funny also. I missed the not Not-So Newlywed Game. Battle of the Sexes was so-so (despite my participation, LOL). THey guys team was a group of teens who all knew each other, I think they needed a better mis of contestants. And Quest was hilarious as well.

Full review by the weekend, hopefully.

Archived