Jewel of Seas Questions

Lorabele

Deck 10 - Yacht Club

Deck 8 - Explorer's Court

These are two small lounges that are open to the core of the atrium. You can see them in this photo (from my album of Jewel photos) - the picture was taken on Deck 9 looking directly across into the Library, as you can see. The Explorer's Court appears to be intended to be used for a customer-facing function, as it's equipped with a ship's workstation, but we never found out whose "office" it was supposed to be.

Wondered if someone could help us figure out what these are on Jewel:

Deck 4 - Mirage

Deck 4 - Illusions

I believe that Mirage and Illusions are overflow dining rooms or for special large groups who are on the sailing. Remember asking the waiter on Mariner about two rooms just off the main dining that were not in use at the time of our sailing and that is what he told us. I assume that these two rooms are that especially since they are just off the main dining as the deck plans show.

Emmy

Yes, Mirage & Illusions are overflow dining rooms.

Explorer's court on deck 8 is where the International Ambassador sits. Ours was a young man who spoke 5 or 6 languages. He usually had "office hours" from 5:00 - 7:00 p.m. The rest of the time, the Explorer's court was empty. It was just outside our cabin (#8586), so we often used that area as a waiting area while waiting for each other to get dressed for dinner.

The Yacht club is a bar, but I don't remember that we ever made it there!

Happy cruising!

The Yacht club is a bar, but I don't remember that we ever made it there!

Happy cruising!

No, the Yacht club is not a bar. It is a public sitting area on deck 10 directly above the library on deck 9. This area has several couches and easy chairs and a couple of coffee tables or end tables. It is decorated in Yacht Club or Country Club decor, but otherwise just a public sitting area.

Archived