Self tanning toweletts??

Cindyrella

Yes, I tried them and liked them. Don't recall the name but it was something simple like "tan towels". I bought them in a local drugstore where they're sold about 20 to a box, though my store sold them individually.

I have very fair skin, which I like, and only wanted to use them on my legs. One towelette per leg worked best. No streaking occured.

Saw these on QVC today but was too late to buy some. Has anyone tried them? What brand? Do they work? Seems they would work better than creams or spray.:confused:

The brand you saw on QVC was Comodynes and is currently waitlisted. My mom buys the Tan Towels from HSN and they work very well. HTH

Lisa :)

I'm very sensitive to the smell of self tanners but have been wanting to try the towels. Loreal makes some too I guess. Does anyone know if the towels have that same smell. It just smells like dead skin after a few hours........yuck!

Got my towelettes from HSN, tried them--nothing. I was quite surprised because I'm pretty fair-skinned so I thought they would work well. How many times do you have to apply before you see a change? I have only used them once, but now I'm starting to pre-tan so I won't know where my color came from:(

• 2 months later...

I bought the HSN tan towels and used them only once so far and they do have that yucky smell, at least on me they did. I got them back in the fall so I only tried them once but now that shorts weather is coming, I'm going to get them out this weekend and try them again to see if they still smell. I'll let you know.

Donna

I buy the ones that HSN sells ... "Tan Towels", and I make sure I buy the "plus" version (there is a regular....the plus gets a little darker). I buy mine through the Tan Towels website directly, and got a box of 50 for about $109, which included shipping. That comes to a little over $2.00 a towel, which can get pricey.

I don't see much color after only one application either, as one poster has mentioned. The instructions say you can re-apply another towel after about 3 hours after the first if you want more color, or wait till the next day.

I use one about every other day or so to keep my color up. I only use them on my legs, and I have people asking me if I go to a tanning salon. I like the results!

HSN can have some good deals if you can catch them...get auto-shipping and you'll save more and lock in the lower price. The towels themselves have a shelf life of two years, so if you have some left over, save them for the next year!

Anybody use Loreal tan towels? concerned about the after smell............

I did, used them last night and HATED them. Streaking happened ALL over my legs and I have used various tanners before with better success. Worse than the streaking (if that's possible) is the smell. Even after showering I can smell it.

Archived