Salmon fishing ideas

emu1987

My fiancee and I are planning an Alaskan cruise for June of 2011 for our honeymoon, and one of the things we really want to do is go salmon fishing. Our cruise itinerary with Princess includes Ketchikan, Juneau, and Skagway as well as Victoria, B.C. for our port stops. Which of these stops would be the best place to go Salmon fishing, and does anyone know of a particular company/excursion we should go with?

Neither of us will be first-time cruisers, but this will definately be the first time and probably only time we will go on an Alaskan cruise, so we want to do some things that we will never get to do again....

I would really appreciate any input!

When my DH and I where in Ketchican in 2007 he went with Captain Ken with Northing Lights. He had a wonderful time and caught his limit as did everyone on board. Here is the contact info.

Northern Lights Charters

P.O. Box 793

Ward Cove, AK 99928

in Ketchikan 907-247-8488

Toll Free 888- 550-8488mailletter.giffishingketchikan@kpunet.net

When are you going? We are also cruising again in June on Diamond Princess. We are doing the southbound on June 18.

have a great time

Karen

Ketchikan is the best place! Are you going early or late in June. In late June to middle July Kings should be in season. For early June you will be to early and may need to go after something else.

I also can second Ken of Northen lights, it was catching with him :D

My fiancee and I are planning an Alaskan cruise for June of 2011 for our honeymoon, and one of the things we really want to do is go salmon fishing. Our cruise itinerary with Princess includes Ketchikan, Juneau, and Skagway as well as Victoria, B.C. for our port stops. Which of these stops would be the best place to go Salmon fishing, and does anyone know of a particular company/excursion we should go with?

Neither of us will be first-time cruisers, but this will definately be the first time and probably only time we will go on an Alaskan cruise, so we want to do some things that we will never get to do again....

I would really appreciate any input!

1887893048_242KenourGuide-CaptainwithChris.jpg.ed0bb22d07c7c6b77aea56931348c114.jpg

Well it will be the Sapphire Princess leaving on June 19th...so mid June? haha

We are going mid June too. He books up. I dont think you will be in port the same day we are. He is currently traveling, so email him if you are interested. It may take him a day or two to get back with you, as he is traveling. But, he will get back with you. Very nice couple. I can't wait to compare fishing notes!

We are going mid June too. He books up. I dont think you will be in port the same day we are. He is currently traveling, so email him if you are interested. It may take him a day or two to get back with you, as he is traveling. But, he will get back with you. Very nice couple. I can't wait to compare fishing notes!

If you book him, you will have him booked the day before us! :)

Archived