What Should We Not Bring....

heidik

I was going to bring a blow dryer (travel size), but HAL says there is a "salon-quality hair dryer" in each room....I hope this is true because I absolutely hate a blow dryer with no power :o

Well, there is a blow dryer in each stateroom, but it isn't exactly what I would call salon quality. I'm really picky about my blow dryer because I actually use it to style my short hairstyle. So my own is a must-have item for me!

Well, there is a blow dryer in each stateroom, but it isn't exactly what I would call salon quality. I'm really picky about my blow dryer because I actually use it to style my short hairstyle. So my own is a must-have item for me!

Interestingly my wife actually likes the blow dryer on HAL and uses it rather than the one she brings with her. The dryer in the drawer in the suites is 220V, at least the ones we've had, and doesn't take up one of the 120V outlets and that's a plus. You might ask why she brings her own if she likes the one in the cabin but she still needs one for pre and post cruise travel. Luckily she has a good travel blower that doesn't weigh much and doesn't take up much room. Since she travels extensively for work it's not like she had to go out and buy one just for vacations.

I don't carry as much reading material. I watch for one or two paperbacks that DH and I will both enjoy reading, and won't mind leaving behind. We have always found something decent in the ships library.

We usually have one or two new magazines that we don't mind leaving in waiting areas when we are finished.

I pack fewer over-the-counter meds like pepto, and buy it if needed on board. Pricier but I found I was carrying many we never used.

Archived