I hope RCCL does NOT follow suit on this!!

Sue L

Actually, sometimes the RC computers DO automatically cancel a cruise.

It turns out that this is part of the problems that I mentioned earlier in this thread.

The LA onboard did not put my charge through correctly and the computer thought that a reservation had been made with no money down. It cancelled the cruise. It was very complicated to get it reinstated, and then it was rebooked at a higher rate. It took a lot (A LOT) of time to have the original price back and the reservation fixed.

[quote name='Merion_Mom']I think that if you called up and spoke to a CVP, she would tell you that it stands for Cruise Vacation Planner.[/quote]

from the signature line of my favorite CVP ever:

[FONT=Arial]XXXXX XXXXX
Certified Vacation Planner
Royal Caribbean International
Celebrity Cruise Line[/FONT]

[quote name='land lover']I think this really screws the TAs.

Sure, we all need to pay bills on time, but I, have forgotten about final payment a few times when I booked directly and thank goodness, it was still being held for me, the reason why, I was told was because they leave some leedway for TAs, sounds like this will no longer be the case so expect TAs to move final payment back.[/quote]

That's hardly a ** job. As you said, we'll just have to remind people sooner.

[quote name='Lizcourt']Since no one else has said this, I guess I must be alone in thinking it, but here goes. . . . This is a CHANGE in policy? I always kind of assumed that if you didn't make the final payment when due, the reservation was cancelled.

And BTW, unless cruise bookings pick up or you're booked on a fully packed sailing, I wouldn't be so sure that this "policy" isn't going to be honored in the breach when the delay is for a real, justifiable problem as opposed to someone just wanting to delay payment -- and I would bet a week in a baby-grand-piano suite that the poster who's early payment was improperly missed by RCCL wouldn't have lost her cruise reservation even if RCCL does adopt this policy.[/quote]

You answered your own question - there is no such policy for RCI. Princess and Cunard have announced that they are no longer allowing any margin for error, and Sue was commenting that she hopes RCI doesn't follow suit. It would appear that the majority of people posting here don't care one way or another.;)

Archived