40 Canons in Mahahual - nice place to relax

mommabean

We just went to Costa Maya for the first time since it was wiped out by a hurricane a while back. We had a nice day. We walked OUTside of the pier area away from the pushy cab drivers who were screaming to us and we walked down the street outside the gates to the end where the nice quiet cab drivers were. It was $2 a person to go to Mahahual.

There we decided to walk all the way to the end. Along the way we met Francisco at the hotel called 40 Canons. He said we could have chairs, an umbrella, free wifi for our iphones for the day if we just ate and drank there. I asked if they had towels since I don't like dragging one off the ship. He said he would also supply towels for free, too.

I had diet coke, DH had beer, we ordered some Mexican food which was average but not bad at all. And we had a nice day just hanging out. Service was excellent.

The hotel is really cool, too. It has an open air planted atrium type area with a stream running through it. You can use their nice clean bathrooms. A few sales people came by but they weren't at all pushy. They only stopped if you encouraged them to. We did buy a couple of cute things at lower than asking price - just for fun. And the people we saw weren't asking much - nothing like Cozumel.

Look for Francisco. He'll take good care of you.

Gina

Archived