Help with car rentals in Hawaii

souxiequzy

Most rental car agencies provide shuttles to and from the port, as long as you picked the rental location closest to the port. I responded to this in the other thread where you asked this question, so have a look there too. You may also want to check the Ports of Call forums.

Most of the rental car firms at Kauai and Maui will have shuttle buses going back and forth from the ship to the rental car agencies, as the airports are close to the port. This also holds true for Hilo (Big Island). I would call each of the rental car agencies by their local telephone number to confirm shuttle availability. If they don't send a shuttle, I would book with someone who does. By the way, those agencies will also shuttle you back to the ship. No charge either way.

The only exception is Kona on the Big Island, where the airport is some distance from the harbor. At Kona, I rented from Dollar rental car at the King Kamehameha Hotel across the street from where the tenders dock. There was also an Enterprise rental place in Kona that will pick you up at the dock.

The only exception is Kona on the Big Island, where the airport is some distance from the harbor. At Kona, I rented from Dollar rental car at the King Kamehameha Hotel across the street from where the tenders dock. There was also an Enterprise rental place in Kona that will pick you up at the dock.

We also have a car reserved from the King Kam hotel in Kona. We will be on the POA. We have the rental scheduled for 8 AM, the time the rental facility opens. What time do we need to get in line for tender tickets in order to get our car by 8 AM? We want to get on the road quickly and get the day started!:D

We also have a car reserved from the King Kam hotel in Kona. We will be on the POA. We have the rental scheduled for 8 AM, the time the rental facility opens. What time do we need to get in line for tender tickets in order to get our car by 8 AM? We want to get on the road quickly and get the day started!:D

You need to consider being ready to go, and in the tender ticket line at least 30 minutes prior to the posted time.

I've seen significant waits here (I get a VIP ticket and bypass the lines) even at 8am. You want to be near the front of the line.

It's been advised that if you want to be off the first tender to line up at 6:30 am for tender tickets.

You need to consider being ready to go, and in the tender ticket line at least 30 minutes prior to the posted time.

I've seen significant waits here (I get a VIP ticket and bypass the lines) even at 8am. You want to be near the front of the line.

Thanks. I was thinking 7 - 7:30, so that would work.

It's been advised that if you want to be off the first tender to line up at 6:30 am for tender tickets.

I have seen that, too. However, I don't think we need to be on the first tender as we can't pick up our car until 8 AM. Getting my crew going in the early AM is usually a challenge.

I have seen that, too. However, I don't think we need to be on the first tender as we can't pick up our car until 8 AM. Getting my crew going in the early AM is usually a challenge.

I hear ya! That's why we're not doing Fairwind and going with Body Glove through NCL! I don't want to stand in line at 6:30 am!! :D

By the way, I saw that you posted about Picabook in kwbound's review but I can't seem to view it. Whenever I click the last page, it shows me kwbound's post was last even though on the Hawaii boards page that you posted last and I got your post in my e-mail!! So weird. Can you see your own post?

By the way, I saw that you posted about Picabook in kwbound's review but I can't seem to view it. Whenever I click the last page, it shows me kwbound's post was last even though on the Hawaii boards page that you posted last and I got your post in my e-mail!! So weird. Can you see your own post?

No, I can't see it either. That happens occasionally. Someone else needs to post on the thread to "bump it out". :confused:

Archived