Leaving Tomorrow!! Couple of Questions About Miami

Whereto?

Well it finally got here! We fly out of New Orleans (Southwest for the 1st time) to FLL. Have booked (and reconfirmed) with SAS Shuttle (Thanks to these boards!) and have a room reserved at Intercontinental Miami (thru Last Minute Travel - Thanks again to these boards -- at a Great Price of $96 total per night!) Now for a couple of questions.

I had planned on walking to closest liquor store for champagne and a bottle of rum (just for drinking, not smuggling :D), but a previous poster said that the House of Wine is now closed. Many have mentioned CVS, but do they have liquor (rum, vodka) or just beer and wine? Does anyone know where the closest liquor store is and will we need to taxi there? (I can walk, but keep in mind, I'm very lazy!! :p) Also mentioned by others was SAS will stop on way to hotel, but if others are riding I wouldn't think they would, would they?

Another question -- To get from the IC to POM in the morning, do I just go downstairs to the desk and ask for them to get me a taxi at a certain time or do you have to go outside and wait to "flag" one down? Anyone remember the approximate cost? We will be leaving on the Carnival Liberty in case the terminals are located differently.

Last One -- Don't really want to spend the afternoon/evening hiking around and shopping when we arrive in Miami. Would rather have laid back walk or sightseeing trip and a nice (but not elaborate, fancy, big) meal then early back to hotel. Any suggestions? I know Bayside is close, anything else that would make me feel like I've been to Miami???

TIA for any help!

Hi! I'm sure you are figuring it out but cabs will be right outside your hotel door, Bayside will give you a Miami taste but make sure you sit on the water, don't sweat the small stuff and I'd bet you are on your way to your ship right now.

Have a blast!

Archived