Hawaii cruises in spring 2006?

Kaylas Mom

Hi everybody!

We've been away from RCCI (and this board) for a few years trying out NCL :( and Princess :) but are ready to come back to RCCI :D . I would like to do a one-way from Hawaii to LA for Easter next year 2006, but I can't find any info anyplace. Have RCCI released their dates yet? Any rumors? Speculation? I am getting itchy to book something, but would love to wait for the Legend or Serenade or whatever RCCI boat is floating our way...

Thanks!

I check everyday to see if they (RCL) have posted the spring Hawaii itineraries. I don't think you will find a Hawaii to LA, though. Most likely will be Ensenada to Hawaii and Hawaii to Vancouver as they move the ships north for the Alaska Season.

I expect these Hawaii cruises to start in early May 06. Sure hope they have the same itinerary for the Serenade. The over night stays in Kona and Lahaina (Maui) were great! We will book a b2b again and I already have my cabin picked out.

Kaylas mom, what didn't you like about NCL? I leave in a few weeks for a 22 day cruise on the NCL Sun.

Thanks for this - I am looking every day, too.

NCL wasn't that bad. We were on the Star in Hawaii last easter. Overall, the cruise was great but we were very disappointed with the kids club. It was a real mess -- they parked the kids in front of videos and that's about it. It wouldn't have been as annoying if they didn't constnatly hype what a great kids club they have -- just say you don't and leave it at that.

We also thought the nickel and diming went too far on NCL, but that seems to be the way a lot of lines are headed. Service was way below RCCI and the cabin was very, very small in comparison (although the NCL bathroom beat RCCI by a mile...)

But we loved the dining options. It was too much fun to have ten restaurants and we took maximum advantage. Food was excellent. And of, course, we loved Hawaii, but that's a given....

We really would love to do a one-way eastbound to Ensanada or Vancouver. We ant to go to Maui first to surf for a week, but then we also want to cruise. Since we never feel like we get enough sea days, the one-way strikes us as perfect.

I hope you enjoy your cruise. I am sure it will be wonderful. I think we'll return to NCL just for one more try when Kay's grown up.

Kaylas Mom, I would realy highly stress that you don't do Hawaii to Ensenada. It is the worst debarkation ever! Some people are off the ship before it is even light, I think they start at 5:30 am calling colors. Then it is a two hour bus ride to San diego and a long wait in the hot sun to get through customs. It would not be fun with children. We have done it twice and I will never put myself through it again.

Thanks for the NCL info. We upgraded to a suite as I couldn't stand the thought of 167' for 22 days...way too small! We are looking forward to freestyle. I think it will take a lot of stress out of the cruise.

Sea days are the very best, I agree!

Hi Sally,

We, too, are waiting for the Hawaii 06. We want to do the Hawaii to Vancouver so may see you on your b2b. I called RCL and they said the schedule probably wouldn't be out til April. I hope it is that early so Bob and I can book while we are on the Vision, April 24. It would be great to sail again with you and Rick.

Schooner Bar rules!

Janet

we have been on several rccl ships and were disappointed by the ncl sun. maybe my expectations were too high, i don't know. the layout of the ship, the cabin, the food stations - all of it seemed awkward to me. i felt like i was constantly making suggestions of how it could have been designed better. but guess what. we still had a blast! we loved the hibachi grill, but were disappointed in general by the other restaurants. we met some great people and had a lot of fun at the ports. you will enjoy, of course, but i am only trying to prepare you for a bit of a disappointment compared to rccl.

i'm sure others will disagree. we all have our own opinions.

Archived