No beer cooler deal on Navigator of the seas!

atrame

I hope not. DH and I bought the bag on the Radiance last month. We paid less per beer than normal, but bought many more beers than normal. Win - win situation if you ask me. Hope to see it on Allure in January!

We were on the Explorer for the 10/28 cruise and they didn't have it either. Not only did they not have it... they looked very confused when we asked about it... like they had never even heard of it. Everybody we asked told us to ask somebody else!

Just back from cruise on 11/11. Was hoping to take advantage of the cooler deals. beer with tip $4.89. No coolers available on this sailing. Not sure if it was because it was the first cruise back from transatlantic.

What is beer cooler deal?

Wonder if they have it on the Oasis? Was looking forward to that in 2 wks!

Oasis had it in August.

So this is BS: (more RC employees not knowing what is going on)

Was on the Freedom 10-3 sailing but not last week on the same ship when we went back. We were told it was an October promotional deal only.

I'm baffled. I was on the same Radiance cruise as Laine above and we went to 4 bars to find the beer bags. We couldn't get them. We even tried contacting Bar Manager with no luck. You must have been one of the lucky ones Laine. We just thought it was some scam and the bar tenders didn't want to look for them as it would be less tip revenue.

As I posted above, I was told it is no longer done and it was a limited time promotion with Bud brands only. I got one on Freedom Oct 3 sailing and brought it back with me on the Oct 31 sailing in hopes of reusing it once again. I asked several bar people and all told me it was no longer offered. But, it I wanted to use the bag I had, that would be OK and they would put 8 beers in it as before but for the price of 8 beers, not 5 as with the promo offer 3 weeks before. I watched for the bags to appear all week and they never did. So, based on this experience on Freedom and several other posts in this thread, I think the bag deal is not over and gone. Still, we have a cool tote bag to show for it!

Just back from cruise on 11/11. Was hoping to take advantage of the cooler deals. beer with tip $4.89. No coolers available on this sailing. Not sure if it was because it was the first cruise back from transatlantic.

Dang, sorry to hear they didn't have it available, I hope they do on the cruise I am taking on the Mariner in December, I have been hear about that deal for about 2 months now, hoping they have it on our cruise though, i'll be disappointed if they don't.

They airlifted the coolers to the Carnival Splendor, they needed something to keep their beer cold:p

I'm baffled. I was on the same Radiance cruise as Laine above and we went to 4 bars to find the beer bags. We couldn't get them. We even tried contacting Bar Manager with no luck. You must have been one of the lucky ones Laine. We just thought it was some scam and the bar tenders didn't want to look for them as it would be less tip revenue.

We did seem to be one of the lucky ones. At sailaway, most of the drink staff around the pool were selling them. We had a bottle of champagne in the room and I was going to wait to get the cooler, but DH went ahead and ordered. Apparently they sold out a short time later.

It was a very weird thing, a deal with limited availability? I only knew about it from reading posts here. From the amount of interest in this type of system, hopefully they bring something back that's similar.

As a past bar owner, AB or other beer distributors would often do special promos month to month. It seems like they went to some expense on this one for the bags. My best guess is it was a trial to see how successful and the change in their AB sales. Hearing what I have on the boards, I would say it was very successful and they should have noticed quite a lift in AB sales (Bud, Bud Lt, Mich Ultra, etc). I'm hoping that they are just needing to go back to the table--get more bags made--and sign a contract with RCCL to keep offering the promotion. It sounds like a bummer for me because I cruise in 2 weeks and looking doubtful I can partake in the offer :(

RCCL might also be getting some alternate offers from Coors, Miller, etc. if their sales decreased.....so who knows. Great to see the beer companies having some competition and RCCL passing that on to the guests (at least that's what it would appear to me).

Archived