poker cabin crawl? How to do it

Springwater21

I did a search and this talks about a regular cabin crawl. If I find more info on turning it into a "poker" cabin crawl, I'll let you know. Basically if I remember, you would pick a card in 5 or 6 of the cabins and whoever had the best poker hand would win. Everyone put in I think $5. You need a deck of cards for each cabin.

We had a cabin tour where we asked for volunteers and got cabins from Interiors to one of the suites (but not the biggest category of suite). I then organized the cabins to make for the least walking. We started at the bottom of the ship and worked our way up. We had people who only wanted to host and not walk along, and we had people who only wanted to walk along. It worked out great. One of our people even managed to organize a whale to spout and show off for us while we were on their balcony. Not sure how they arranged that one.

I organized this on our cruise last May during one of our sea days and it was a lot of fun. It is pretty simple really and here's basically what I organized and you can go from there....

You need: at least 5 cabins (different types, decks) and a deck of cards, an idex card for each person

You arrange to meet in one of the bars to start the game. Each person puts $10 in the pool and you choose someone to hold the money until the end of the game. Explain that the person with the best hand and the worst hand will split the pot. On the the first cabin!

At the first cabin, and each cabin thereafter, each person picks a card ( I spread the cards on the bed to make it easier), writes down the card they chose on their index card and returns the card to the deck. While people are picking their cards everyone is "touring" the cabin, chatting and laughing! At the last cabin (which was our aft balcony) we picked the last card and announced the winners. I brought chocolates from home wrapped in gold and silver wrappers (Hershey Nuggets?) and spread them on the bed beforehand so that when people arrived they were greeted by cards and "gold and silver"...everyone loved the chocolate! The winners were announced, we spent some time chatting and laughing some more, and then the game was over. I think the 2 winners won $60 each and they were very happy! We had a good variety of cabins...inside, adjoining aft balconies, including the balconies to make one huge balcony, suite on the 14th floor, deck 10 2 br suite, aft balcony. It was so much fun to see all the different types of cabins!:D

Hope this helps you!

On the poker cabin crawl my husband went on they did it slightly differently for choosing the cards. Each of 7 cabins had a deck of cards (provided by the organizer of the crawl). At each cabin the participants chose a card and kept it [i like the idea though of also writing the card on an index card they have so it eliminates trading cards].

Just writing the card down without keeping it leaves the game open to cheating since a person could write down any card unless there is someone verifying their draw.

Then, at the last cabin they all chose their best 5-card poker hand from their 7 cards. Winner took the pot. No low hand since they'd paid only $5.

On the poker cabin crawl my husband went on they did it slightly differently for choosing the cards. Each of 7 cabins had a deck of cards (provided by the organizer of the crawl). At each cabin the participants chose a card and kept it [i like the idea though of also writing the card on an index card they have so it eliminates trading cards].

Just writing the card down without keeping it leaves the game open to cheating since a person could write down any card unless there is someone verifying their draw.

Then, at the last cabin they all chose their best 5-card poker hand from their 7 cards. Winner took the pot. No low hand since they'd paid only $5.

You can also ask at the Customer Relations desk for cards and the will give them to you. Actually, I did bring 5 decks of cards...what a pain...so using the 1 deck works great. Cheating???LOL:D We are not betting the house on this game so I don't think people will cheat...sure didn't on our Poker Run. We all just had fun! Having 2 prizes worked out better...2 people happy instead of just one. But like I said, this was the way we did it and people can use this information and figure out their own game. Whatever you do, just have fun with it!

Archived