Rental in Playa Del Carmen

divadiverfl

Executive Rental has a booth right at the pier in Calica. You won't need advance reservations, but you will need your driver's licence and a credit card. We rented a Jeep Wrangler for $70 (there were smaller cars available for less and larger vehicles for more). The Executive employees were very friendly and helpful, answering questions and providing maps and directions- I recommend them. Have fun!

We rented what looked like an old Celica for $60/day including insurance, and more importantly, air conditioning. We rented our car at 9am and they seemed to not have that many more cars there - certainly no more Celicas. The jeeps were just gone by the time we walked up and they had a BIG SUV left there. So, if you do want to rent at Calica, get there at 9am or before for your choice in cars.

Thanks Sox_Fan for all you help - we had a great day with the 4 of us going to Tulum - entrance fees, private guide, trolley ride, car rental and gas ($7.50) all added up to $125 - about $33/pp compared to the Tulum Express excursion for $70/pp. And we even stopped at the Oscar restaurant on the drive back and had chips, chicken fajitas and margaritas for $12 each before tip. It was a very relaxing day. We left at 9am and got back around 1:30pm.

Another note: we did not need pesos at Tulum or at Oscars restaurant or even to buy gas. They all took dollars (cash) at the 10 pesos/dollar rate.

Thanks Sox_Fan for all you help - we had a great day with the 4 of us going to Tulum - entrance fees, private guide, trolley ride, car rental and gas ($7.50) all added up to $125 - about $33/pp compared to the Tulum Express excursion for $70/pp. And we even stopped at the Oscar restaurant on the drive back and had chips, chicken fajitas and margaritas for $12 each before tip. It was a very relaxing day. We left at 9am and got back around 1:30pm.

Another note: we did not need pesos at Tulum or at Oscars restaurant or even to buy gas. They all took dollars (cash) at the 10 pesos/dollar rate.

Good - I'm glad you enjoyed it. Isn't Oscar y Lalo's neat? Good to know about US dollars too. I suspect most places will take dollars (I think they can get a slightly better exchange rate so they make out in the deal) - just as long as you have cash rather than a credit card.

Archived