Beach after Regatta at Boibby's Marina--Two Questions

moondoggie

Planning on doing the Regatta and have two questions:

1. Can i walk to Bobby's from the ship, i.e. is it doable?

2. Since DH does not sail, is there a nearby beach I can meet him at after the sail?

Any info or tips welcomed. We prefer a beach without jetskis/motorized watercraft messing up the view and our ears--thanks.

It's easily walkable, if that's what you choose to do, but consider the Water Taxi. It costs $6 for an all day pass and it provides some great photo ops. Check this view of Great Bay with the stops.

th_WaterTaxi.jpg

(click)

You see Great Bay Beach in the shot. It's fine for sunning, some cold drinks and snacks, but I wouldn't go into the water there. Note that there ARE motorized watersports there.

Next street away from the beach is Front Street, with the best shopping in the Caribbean.

gary

Do a search on this site for Great Bay beach. The reason many folks including myself do not recommend this beach is because there is a pollution issue. The search should bring up a few threads on the subject.

Now to answer the question about a nearby nice beach other than Orient. For adults I would say Dawn. There are facilities and it is a nice long beach for strolling. I have not seen jet skis at Dawn before either. Being on the Atlantic side of the island it can be a little rough for small children at times. It is also very close to the port. Little Bay is closer but Dawn is a much nicer beach than Little Bay and there are jet ski rentals there as well.

Archived