I hate being hot!

purrcycat

Have to chime in here...I too was on the CB in June & while our cabin was a pretty good temperature, many of the public areas were VERY hot...as another poster stated, at times the HC was so warm I could barely stand it, and I've never experienced this issue on any other ship (PS: the majority of my sailings are warm weather). I'm booked on the CB again next June & am seriously considering switching to Alaska, largely due to the temperature issue...I'm just not sure I want to chance it.

We found the CB's temps to be perfect. One thing we have learned is to immediately close our balcony heavy drapes as soon as we get in the cabin and crank the A/C down to the lowest setting. When the sun is on your balcony, keep the heavy drape closed even though your cabin steward will open it. This will keep your cabin considerably cooler.

Also, request your cabin steward to place another flat sheet on your bed under the duvet, so you can sleep with either one or both of them.

We notice heat much more than the average person because we're usually pretty tanned (makes you physically feel hotter) and we never had a problem on the CB at all, even after tanning for days in some of the hottest heat we've been in.

Edited to add: We never found the public areas too hot, even on a sailing with high temps and no rain.

Have to chime in here...I too was on the CB in June & while our cabin was a pretty good temperature, many of the public areas were VERY hot...as another poster stated, at times the HC was so warm I could barely stand it, and I've never experienced this issue on any other ship (PS: the majority of my sailings are warm weather). I'm booked on the CB again next June & am seriously considering switching to Alaska, largely due to the temperature issue...I'm just not sure I want to chance it.

I am also totally intolerant of hot air and feel my heart start to race sometimes when it's too hot. :eek: Needless to say, we are cruising to Alaska next year...

Katherine

I am also totally intolerant of hot air and feel my heart start to race sometimes when it's too hot. :eek: Needless to say, we are cruising to Alaska next year...

Katherine

When we went to Alaska a few years ago, the weather was quite cold. I was glad I brought my insulated underwear and mitts and hat for the day when we spent at the glacier.

It was a great trip.

I don't think you will be warm unless you travel into the very interior of the state...there it has been know to get hot..but, it cools down quickly as eve approaches.

I have read numerous reviews of the Caribbean Princess that mention too hot cabins. We have booked a cruise on this ship for May. Should I cancel and pick a different ship? I want to be comfortable at least when I sleep at night. Any opinions? Thank you.

I also hate being too hot we just returned from a oct 31 we nick named this sailing " the thermal cruise " and the suite we sailed in was the " thermal suite " no relief the whole cruise !!! and we never had this problem before I agree that if you have a balcony that others can make you very hot by leaving the doors open but this was the whole ship ! and we have sailed on CB ten times without this issue WHATS UP ???:confused:

I also hate being too hot we just returned from a oct 31 we nick named this sailing " the thermal cruise " and the suite we sailed in was the " thermal suite " no relief the whole cruise !!! and we never had this problem before I agree that if you have a balcony that others can make you very hot by leaving the doors open but this was the whole ship ! and we have sailed on CB ten times without this issue WHATS UP ???:confused:

Hmmm....I might have to reconsider our cruise plans and chose a different ship. The one thing I loved about cruising is that I can retreat from the heat into a cool cabin or lounge after a nice excursion or day at the pool. Sounds like this is a relatively new problem for the CB. Too bad! I was really looking forward to it as everyone seems to love the ship otherwise. But I do want to be comfortable.

Archived