NCL Spirit back today...

Cruisedeacon

Hi everyone; Ken and I were on the Spirit which left New Orleans on the 28th of November. I had heard some negative things about NCL so I was a little apprehensive about this cruise. We arrived at the cruise terminal around noon and were on board by 12:30 and ate lunch in the main dining room. This ship was beautiful, the food was great in the Windows and the Garden Room restaurants. We tried Cagneys and that also was very good. The only negative thing I can say about the food is that there was so much of it, so once in a while we did eat in the Buffet just to regulate the amount of food we wanted. We definitely liked the walk around promenade deck 7. The game shows and the show case theatre were enjoyable when we took them in, the pool areas, entertainment areas, etc. were very adequate. There really is nothing bad that I can say about this cruise except DO IT. I would be interested in sailing on this ship again.

A Meet and Greet was scheduled for Monday, the 29th and considering the roll call said that some 70 people would be coming, only about 20 showed up. This was disappointing. However, there were 4 Marilyn's at the meet and greet and we had our picture taken together.

Hi everyone; Ken and I were on the Spirit which left New Orleans on the 28th of November. I had heard some negative things about NCL so I was a little apprehensive about this cruise. We arrived at the cruise terminal around noon and were on board by 12:30 and ate lunch in the main dining room. This ship was beautiful, the food was great in the Windows and the Garden Room restaurants. We tried Cagneys and that also was very good. The only negative thing I can say about the food is that there was so much of it, so once in a while we did eat in the Buffet just to regulate the amount of food we wanted. We definitely liked the walk around promenade deck 7. The game shows and the show case theatre were enjoyable when we took them in, the pool areas, entertainment areas, etc. were very adequate. There really is nothing bad that I can say about this cruise except DO IT. I would be interested in sailing on this ship again.

A Meet and Greet was scheduled for Monday, the 29th and considering the roll call said that some 70 people would be coming, only about 20 showed up. This was disappointing. However, there were 4 Marilyn's at the meet and greet and we had our picture taken together.

wow, only about 20 out of 70 possibles, that is a big difference. Normally it is about 1/2 of those who sign up, sometimes a little less.

Nita

Thanks for the info. I can't wait to go.

Looking forward to the review...only 6 weeks more to go!

As for the food, that's one of the reasons this will be my first visit to NOLA, and also one of the reasons I'm only staying 24 hours....

Not everyone board in NOLA is FROM NOLA......

I have lived in Louisiana all my life and it is not that the food is (hot) spicy. It is full of flavor. This is a wonderful place with so many amazing things to see and do. The food here is like no where else. I think it is funny that people from other places think all the food here will put your mouth on fire. I bet after you are here for 24 hours you will wish you had more time.

My daughter and I just got off the Spirit today also. We liked everything about the cruise. Second time on this cruise for both of us. Weather was sunny and beautiful all the time. Cabins and ship were clean. We loved Second City and also Dancing with the Stars last night. That was the funniest show on board. I seriously cannot think of anything negative to say. We had a great time!

I have lived in Louisiana all my life and it is not that the food is (hot) spicy. It is full of flavor. This is a wonderful place with so many amazing things to see and do. The food here is like no where else. I think it is funny that people from other places think all the food here will put your mouth on fire. I bet after you are here for 24 hours you will wish you had more time.

I hope you're right, because it's easy enough to go back! :)

Yep, the Beignets at Cafe Du Monde will set your mouth on fire. :D

I cannot wait for my NOLA food fest in May.

PE

You can save an hour of standing on line waiting to get into Cafe' duMonde and go to Cafe Beignet on Royal St.

It's a cozy little nook with a minimal line. More of a locals joint than a tourist honk.

I can save even more time by not wasting my caloric intake on fried dough, drowning in powdered sugar. Just gimmee a Fried Soft Shell Crab Poboy with a bowl of Jambalaya. ;)

PE

http://johnnyspoboy.com

We'll see if I remembered how to do that! Johnny's is a lunch spot. 1/2 of an oyster po-boy with a cup of the best gumbo I've ever eaten will just make your toes curl! Then head over to Acme's for dinner. Their grilled oysters are delicious.

Sorry, Redfish Grill for dinner.

But I will consider Johnny's over Acme for lunch. I mean, how difficult is it to deep fry something and stuff it in a bun?

PE

I can save even more time by not wasting my caloric intake on fried dough' date=' drowning in powdered sugar. Just gimmee a Fried Soft Shell Crab Poboy with a bowl of Jambalaya. ;)

PE[/color']

Heretic.

*grin* What's calories when you're eating in NOLA???

Johnny's PoBoys and Acme Seafood are not comparable. They are completely different beasts.

Plus, Johnny's is a breakfast and lunch joint. I stress joint.

Johnny's doesn't have char-grilled oysters if I remember correctly. Their gumbo is better.

• 3 weeks later...
If you need more info about side trips let me know... we have been to each of the ports 3 times...;)

Would love some feedback on best things to do at these ports it will be our first visit to each. We will be traveling with a 4 year old so would like family friend activities - but my in laws will be joining so hope to do some snorkeling while they help with our son too!

Thanks for your tips!

I've been on the spirit twice and am booked again for february.

I must say that thankfully, there is no giant TV on the deck.

I agree, and thats why I booked the Spirit instead of the Triumph. (I have cruised both in the past)

Archived