Leaving Baltimore in December - first days weather, clothes

Twobonbons

We are leaving on an early December 12-day cruise from Baltimore. Can anyone tell me the clothes required for the first day or so, (and last day or so on the return) and when the weather truly changes to short and t-shirt weather. I am a cold type and want to make sure I pack for these days but not overpack.

It is def. going to be cold in Baltimore in December. In additiion the ships docks at the Inner Harbor(great place) and the wind really picks up there.... You will certainly need long pants, jacket, if you plan to be outside much.

I have never actually sailed out of Baltimore so cant say how long you will expereince cold weather, but I have been to the Inner Harbor in December...BURRRRR!!

OP, we have sailed out of Baltimore although it was in Oct. I can tell you that it takes quite awhile sailing down the Chesapeake Bay until you will get into the open ocean. It will start to warm up once you reach the Gulf Stream which should be well into your second day. The best thing to do is pack some layering clothes because it will be cold leaving and coming back.

Inner Harbor is a neat place but you won't be leaving from there.;) The Port of Baltimore uses the Dundlak Terminal for cruise ships.

I have sailed out of Baltimore in March and it was COLD ! The first sea day was a bit better....sunshine but still required a jacket on deck ! By day 2 we had warmed up considerably !

I would take nice nice jogging type suits.....they are attractive and comfortable and best of all......stretchy and will fit you on the way back !!!!!!

I would check the weather a couple days before you go and make any last minute adjustments. It will most likely be cold, but sometimes we can get unseasonably warm temperatures in December (60's). Of course, once you are out on the water, even that would be on the cold side.

we sailed out of baltimore around thanksgiving last year on a 9 day cruise - it was cold the first couple days - charleston wasn't even that warm, by the time we got to key west it was warming up and nassau was hot but it cooled off pretty quick on the way back home - i agree about checking the weather before you leave - i packed many layers and brought cardigans and hoodies and wore them all but one or two days

We are leaving on an early December 12-day cruise from Baltimore. Can anyone tell me the clothes required for the first day or so, (and last day or so on the return) and when the weather truly changes to short and t-shirt weather. I am a cold type and want to make sure I pack for these days but not overpack.

Baltimore weather is as fickle as it gets. Wear layers. It could be 10 or 65 degrees the day you sail. No way to predict. Check the 10-day predicted weather forecast and pack accordingly. I would definitely pack something that will keep you super warm if you get cold fast as the weather returning to Baltimore could be the complete opposite of the weather when you left Baltimore. Good luck and enjoy your cruise. ;)

The Port of Baltimore uses the Dundlak Terminal for cruise ships.

It's been the Locust Point Cruise Terminal for several years now. ;)

It will most likely be cold, but sometimes we can get unseasonably warm temperatures in December (60's). Of course, once you are out on the water, even that would be on the cold side.

Amen. ;)

Archived