Celebrity Mercury or Enchantment of the Seas

poglios

We would like to have some help in deciding which cruise to take on december 2010 from Baltimore: Celebrity Mercury on 20th or Enchantment of the Seas on 27th. We are a couple (49/41) and two children (22/20). What is the best?

Hi Poglios !

Is price a factor ? Though both sailings have excellent pricing - way cheap for a New Years sailing... Enchantment is priced less than Mercury, but you would be cruising 2 days less on Enchantment (12 nights vs 14 nights).

I've sailed many times on both ships. I'd personally opt for 2 weeks on Mercury. They are both beautiful ships, but I feel that Mercury is a bit nicer. Also, the food and service will be a few notches up on Celebrity. However, if pricing is an issue, you will save money with Enchantment.

No matter which ship you choose, I'm sure you will be happy. I hope this helps. Enjoy your Cruise !

am I the only one that would choose celebrity? Holiday cruises are full of young people regardless of the line. Your children are adults so I would choose celebrity for more refined service and hopefully less young children on board.:eek:

I loved the Galaxy so much.(sister to Mercury) I also loved the Vision and Rhapsody. (sisters to enchantment)

The ships are similar. The Galaxy and Mercury have the best Thalassotherapy pools though.:D

Best cabins = Mercury.

Bigger showers thats for sure..

Thank you again and sorry for bothering you. Regardless the fact that RC is more fun...I would like to know what ship is more luxurious, what is best in terms of cabins, etc...

Hi Poglios !

I'd give the edge to Celebrity on the items mentioned above.

The standard cabins are around 8% bigger on Mercury then the EOS.

I didn't realize that Mercury had 14 nights vs. 12 on the EOS, that would also be a factor in Mercury's favor. The Mercury would have both holidays while the EOS would only have New Years.

How do the ports compare?

We have been on the Galaxy and three Vision class RCI ships, including the post-stretch EOS. We also toured the brand new Mercury in 1997 as guests of the line since we had booked but not yet sailed the Galaxy. Back in the days when the Chandris family ran the line, we met the young Chandris while he was shaking hands and welcoming the couple of thousand people lined up for the tour at the West 49th Street pier.

Thank you again and sorry for bothering you. Regardless the fact that RC is more fun...I would like to know what ship is more luxurious, what is best in terms of cabins, etc...

You are not bothering anyone. Most people who hang out and post on Cruise Critic love to talk about cruising and give their opinions.

I just noticed, only 5 more posts and I get to 5,000!!

Archived