carseat -- specific question on what ports?

lucyjlou

Hi, I am planning to bring my car seat for my 2yr old DD for our Cruise in Feb. We will need to take taxis in the following ports:

St Thomas

St Kitts

St Maarten

Barbados

Any experience with children in taxis here? Do they have seat belts? Can I put a stroller in the trunk if I wanted to take it to our destination? I really want to use it if we can, to keep her safe but wasn't sure if those places have taxis with belts? I would think it is hit or miss?

some of those ports the first week of January and can let you know :)

Do you forward face or rear face? If ff'ing, you also need a tether, and I'll look for that too. My bigger concern is whether the seat belts have an automatic locking retractor, because if they don't you'll also need a locking clip, unless your seat has one built in. I know the Britax seats in Canada have them built in, FYI the pre-2010 models are known for having frequent failures in the locking clips. That being said we travel with a Marathon and have never had a problem, but when I volunteer at car seat clinics I see it often.

Ourselves, we plan on taking a tour within walking distance of the ship in Bahamas, then walking or winging it based on the taxis we find in the ports of St Thomas and St Maartin.

I will be very interested in reading other replies...

Any experience with children in taxis here? Do they have seat belts? Can I put a stroller in the trunk if I wanted to take it to our destination? I really want to use it if we can, to keep her safe but wasn't sure if those places have taxis with belts? I would think it is hit or miss?

If the first taxi does not have a seat belt, choose another one that does. You should have no problem with these ports, IMO.

Archived