Schooner Bar Piano Players

Merion_Mom

Who would think that I would ever start a thread with a title like this? ;)

Anyway, does anyone have any feedback on:

1. Don Alexander

2. Chris Martin

Many thanks for posting your experiences.

:)

My wife and I heard Don Alexander on the recent Navigator of the Seas cruise we took. The first night he was doing a Neil Diamond tribute. He plays the piano well in my opinion and it also competent at the saxophone/harmonica. I didn't care for his voice or style of singing.

My wife and I heard Don Alexander on the recent Navigator of the Seas cruise we took. The first night he was doing a Neil Diamond tribute. He plays the piano well in my opinion and it also competent at the saxophone/harmonica. I didn't care for his voice or style of singing.

Is he the type to attract a crowd and keep them going, encouraging them to sing?

Who would think that I would ever start a thread with a title like this? ;)

Anyway, does anyone have any feedback on:

1. Don Alexander

2. Chris Martin

Many thanks for posting your experiences.

:)

1) Don Alexander- on Navigator, he was excellent. Thoroughly enjoyed as did the standing room only crowds for all 4 nights on Navigator this week. One night does and Elton/Billy Joel tribute, another night a Neil Diamond, takes requests. Plays piano, harmonica and sax. Very enjoyable!

Is he the type to attract a crowd and keep them going, encouraging them to sing?

(referring to Don Alexander) - Many of the Schooner Bar piano guys that get a big following are too silly for my taste - I'm not into the zany stuff.

On our recent Nav cruise we found ourselves just passing through the Schooner many nights, and ending up drawn in because of his excellent performance. Dan is a good blend of playing, singing and fun without getting crazy, I would look forward to sailing with him again. Anyone of roughly baby boomer age will like his material.

One of the best we have seen and heard. We did the B2B on the Navigator for 26 days and saw him a lot and thoroughly enjoyed his music,especially Neil Diamond.

Jan

(referring to Don Alexander) - Many of the Schooner Bar piano guys that get a big following are too silly for my taste - I'm not into the zany stuff.

On our recent Nav cruise we found ourselves just passing through the Schooner many nights, and ending up drawn in because of his excellent performance. Dan is a good blend of playing, singing and fun without getting crazy, I would look forward to sailing with him again. Anyone of roughly baby boomer age will like his material.

Does anyone know if Don is still on the Navigator? We are setting sail on her on Saturday and we would really enjoy listening to him!!

We really liked Kory on the Freedom this past September. Can't think of his last name. I do remember he is from Canada. He got the crowd involved in different ways, including passing the mic. As the week went on, the crowd got bigger and bigger.

Does anyone know if Don is still on the Navigator? We are setting sail on her on Saturday and we would really enjoy listening to him!!

I just got OFF Navigator yesterday, he was on it then and didn't mention anything about leaving anytime soon so assume he will be there! Enjoy!!:)

We were disappointed with Chris Martin on Voyager. He seemed to have his own agenda and was sometimes quite critical of songs that were requested. If he did play them he changed them in some way. He also had an annoying habit of carrying on a conversation during a song! We much preferred Ian West who was in the Schooner Bar in 2009.

We were disappointed with Chris Martin on Voyager. He seemed to have his own agenda and was sometimes quite critical of songs that were requested. If he did play them he changed them in some way. He also had an annoying habit of carrying on a conversation during a song! We much preferred Ian West who was in the Schooner Bar in 2009.

That's great news about Don.........not such good news about Chris.

Fortunately, it's the Navigator cruise which is more important. The Majesty cruise is a Girls Getaway Weekend, and we are well-known for making our own fun. ;)

Yes, he definitely attracts a large crowd from 9-11ish. Then he takes a break and the crowd mostly disperses and is a bit thin.

He is pretty good at taking requests and playing them. I didn't really see him turn down any. We saw him two nights on our recent cruise.

We really liked Kory on the Freedom this past September. Can't think of his last name. I do remember he is from Canada. He got the crowd involved in different ways, including passing the mic. As the week went on, the crowd got bigger and bigger.

Kory Simon..........second best only to Kevin Brando..:)

Archived