2/13/05 Radiance Bad Experience With Medical Staff

I am so sorry about Tom.

I just want to add that I was on Radiance in January, and I cant tell you how many time I, and many others came close to taking a nasty spill in the Solarium. The floor there is very slick and extremely dangerous. Something has to be done!!!

I wish you the best

Watched a lady go A$$ over teakettle in the Rhapsody solarium...I know it hurt her both physically and emotionally but she was able to get up and walk away. I have learned to watch my step around those pools no matter what type of shoes I have on. Its slick!

Hi all,

I was asked to let everyone know how Tom's surgery went. He had two pins put in his ankle last Friday and has been home recovering since. He's in quite a bit of pain, but the prescribed painkillers are doing a pretty good job. I, on the other hand, can't wait for him to get better. I'm not real fond of having a second job as a nurse. :-) Thank you all again for you kind words of support.

Joyce

Ship owners/operators are held to the HIGHEST standard of care, for exactly the reasons discussed in this thread. There's a duty to keep pax areas safe, a duty to provide adequate medical care, etc. There certainly may be a claim here (for lost wages and more), but read the fine print in your ticket. Most tickets have venue limitations (where you can file suit; usually Miami) and how long you have (sometimes as little as 6 months).

Hope he heals well and is cruising again soon.

I am so very sorry to hear about your husband's accident. I think that RCL should definetely compinsate you in some way-slimy floors? that is negligent. And for a nurse to say just bcause you can move your toes and ankle it's not broken? I am a nurse and that really isn't the case! I wonder where she got her license? I really hope all goes well with his operation and best wishes for a speedy recovery! Angel

Sovereign of the Seas 8/2003

Enchantment of the Seas 11/2003

Sovereign of the Seas 2/2004

Sovereign of the Seas 5/2004

Voyager of the Seas 5/2005

Disney Wonder 8/2005

• 9 months later...

We witnessed a medical emergency Thanksgiving week while on Radiance -- a woman passed out in the Windjammer and about 5-7 minutes went by before the "alpha, alpha, alpha" announcement was broadcast -- even though I was standing directly beside the phone when the staff member phoned in the emergency immediately after she went down. After the emergency was broadcast the medical staff appeared quickly and the area was cordoned off with yellow tape. The Windjammer staff did react quickly by bringing a chair over to elevate her legs, but other than that they just all hovered nearby...I think the non-medical staff acted appropriately; the only thing that annoyed me was the delay in the "alpha" announcment -- if this woman had had a seizure or heart attack that caused her to pass out valuable time would have been lost in that delay.

Archived