Ship suggestions

My family and I are planning a cruise for Sept '11 and would love some suggestions. I have only cruised on Carnival and while I like Carnival, my DH and I wanted to see how they compare to everyone else. We are considering the FOS (I've always wanted to cruise on her for some reason). We like the fact that she sails out of Port Canaveral. How does she compare to other ships? Which is your favorite ship? Any suggestions would be deeply appreciated!!

You will love The Freedom, the style of the ship is amazing, and great facilities for all family members, no matter what age. I connot do a comparison as i have not sailed Cranival, but have done many ships with Royal and never been let down. Do not mis the shows particularly the Ice Show.

My family and I are planning a cruise for Sept '11 and would love some suggestions. I have only cruised on Carnival and while I like Carnival, my DH and I wanted to see how they compare to everyone else. We are considering the FOS (I've always wanted to cruise on her for some reason). We like the fact that she sails out of Port Canaveral. How does she compare to other ships? Which is your favorite ship? Any suggestions would be deeply appreciated!!

Ah, we're in the same boat as you guys....we've only done Carnival as well, but have booked the Oasis for next October. We also are ready to try another cruise line. We love Carnival, but are ready for something else.

We haven't cruised Carnival, but have cruised Royal Caribbean and just tried Princess. We had fun, but enjoy Royal Caribbean better. I think that if you are willing to try another cruiseline, it will give you a better perspective of what you enjoy about a particular cruiseline. I know there are a lot of people who cruise on Carnival and Royal and enjoy them both for different reasons. With any cruise, go into it with an open mind. If you end up enjoying the Freedom, I would recommend that you try a Radiance class ship as the Jewel is my favorite ship. I also love sailing out of Port Canaveral.

Beth

RCI ship vary a bit from clas to class. For example the Majesty and Monarch are the smallest ships and the kid areas are kinda small, the amenaties are limited, the ships are older..etc. There is the Vision Class. I was only on the Enchantment, but it was nice and the pool area was nice and they had an adults only area too. The Radiance Class of ships are very nice. They have a bit more wood and glass and brass per se' These ships are on the newer side and are laid out nicely.The pool areas are nice, they have an adults only area and more bars and amenaties wit a nice area for shopping. The Voyager class is bigger and even more amenaties. They have an ice skaing rink, and in the middle of the ship they have the Promenade area which has shops and bars and cafe' which is open 24 hrs where you can get pizza, sandwhiches, cookies and desserts, coffee and its very good. The Freedom Class has all of these amenaties, plus the Flowrider. The Flowrider is a place where you can surf or buggy board on the back of the ship. I havent been on the Oasis yet...too much $ and people, so we will see when the price comes down. All the ships have the sports deck for basketball and a rock climbing wall. I like them all really. !!;)

Archived