Seashore vs Onboard Wedding

Denise2000

I'm totally confuse. I started out originally planning a seashore wedding but after much consideration and realizing the cost we are really thinking about an on board wedding. What are some of the benefits of an on board wedding as oppose to seashore wedding. Did I mention, my wedding date is May 4, 2011!! I'm traveling Royal Caribbean(Monarch of the Sea). Please share your stories with me.

I'm totally confuse. I started out originally planning a seashore wedding but after much consideration and realizing the cost we are really thinking about an on board wedding. What are some of the benefits of an on board wedding as oppose to seashore wedding. Did I mention, my wedding date is May 4, 2011!! I'm traveling Royal Caribbean(Monarch of the Sea). Please share your stories with me.

I'm no expert as our date is not until after yours, July 30, 2011, but I have read a few things that made us decide to do the shipboard.

* if your ship doesn't stop at your wedding port you won't be able to marry there (not a concern if your doing shipboard)

* rain on a beach is not pretty (shipboard your guaranteed to get an indoor venue)

* only sailing guest can attend, or those who fly in (what if everyone, or your most important guest, can't cruise or fly to the port but would gladly come to the ship before you sail away)

* you don't have to think about working with a different company if planning a shipboard (on shore you can work with the cruise lines' wedding company or venture out and use a company from the area)

* you have to really make sure your wedding will be legal (I've read issues with this in some cases)

* less hassle (in my opinion), and less money

Please note since there is probably no one here that has done BOTH, our individual feedback can't really be a valid comparison lol.

Thank you so much for your response. I just found out that it is less expensive to get married shipboard as oppose to seashore. I was finally able to speak to the RC.

What are you doing for the reception?

We are going with the *Hot and Cold Hors D’oeuvres* option. This is a 25 person minimum, one hour, open bar reception. More than likely we will have 1 add on which is another hour of food. Since it will be midday we are not extending the bar service. Plus we're not drinkers anyhow so 1 hour of open bar works for us. The Wedding package itself comes with a cake for the couple, but we will add the two tier cake to our reception. We've already ordered a cake topper for it. :D

I hear whether you do it on or off the ship, it will go so fast!

Archived