Multiple Price Drops

THEWIFE

:confused: I have tried searching on past threads for this information, but was unable to find what I want to know. At the chance of being repetitive, can someone please answer this question:

I have just taken advantage of a price drop on an upcoming cruise. No problem - my TA called it in for me and all is right with the world. I am now being told that if any additional drops occur, I may or may not receive it (residency price drop, senior price drop, regular price drop, whatever). I was told that depending on what the drop is, RCCL might not allow me any additional drops. Is this true?

At the worst, I have no problem with my present rate. In fact, I was alright with it before this recent price drop, which came as a surprise. But I am curious enough to ask if future price drops are out of the question now.

Thanks for any information you can provide me with.

:confused: I have tried searching on past threads for this information, but was unable to find what I want to know. At the chance of being repetitive, can someone please answer this question:

I have just taken advantage of a price drop on an upcoming cruise. No problem - my TA called it in for me and all is right with the world. I am now being told that if any additional drops occur, I may or may not receive it (residency price drop, senior price drop, regular price drop, whatever). I was told that depending on what the drop is, RCCL might not allow me any additional drops. Is this true?

At the worst, I have no problem with my present rate. In fact, I was alright with it before this recent price drop, which came as a surprise. But I am curious enough to ask if future price drops are out of the question now.

Thanks for any information you can provide me with.

Sounds more like a TA restriction than an RCI one. The lower the price you pay the less commission the TA makes. RCI should honor all price drops up until final payment due date, unless they are Tuesday specials, or some other promo such as WOW sale.

Sounds more like a TA restriction than an RCI one. The lower the price you pay the less commission the TA makes. RCI should honor all price drops up until final payment due date, unless they are Tuesday specials, or some other promo such as WOW sale.

First, thank you for you prompt response.

I'm kind of surprised to hear this. It was indicated to me that this was a cruiseline thing, not theirs. Also, we've been doing business with these people for years and they have never done anything to nickel and dime us. In fact, they have been absolutely ace with us all the way, as well as generous, which is why we remain so loyal to them. My own agent is presently out of town and someone else actually handled this price drop for me. When she returns, I am going to ask her about this myself. :confused:

Again, thank you kindly.

Can only say what I was told by RCCL on phone 3 days ago. All price drops - that are posted and asked for - will be awarded up to the date of final payment due.

Thanks for your response. You can bet that if the price drops again, I will be on the phone in no time! lol

Archived