Is reservation need for jeep on St. John?

tada

I will be there only one day - a self guided excursion from a cruise, and I was wondering if a reservation is needed for a few hour rental one day in St. John? Any suggestions or recommendations would be appreciated.

Hello Tada,

The majority (if not all) rental car agencies on St. John do not take reservations for 1 day rentals. 3 day minimum for reservations in most cases. You will have to just go to the various car rental agencies on arrival and take what they have available in the lot that day. The agencies are all pretty much located in close proximity in Cruz Bay, so you can walk from one to the next. Have a back up plan just in case they all happen to be out.

--Islander

Islander's info, is what I experienced. I contacted virtually every known car rental company, on St John, about a one day rental. None will allow it, because they are hoping for weekly rentals. They advise you to check with them, upon your arrival at St John. We did not want to waste our time, trying to do this, so we just hired a taxi driver. Went to Cinnamon Bay, for the day. St John's beaches are the most beautiful, in the world, IMO.

I have visited Hawaii, Australia,etc. The view of the coastline, from high above, is "breathtaking."

Archived