Texting on the NA

RetesGirl3

Hey Everyone,

Just talked to Verizon and added international to our plan. They quoted $1.99/minute for calls and $.50 to send a text and $.05 to receive a text on the islands. I believe that if you use the phone on the ship or near the ship at the ports, that they impose an additional charge. If so, does anyone know how much? DH can't believe that I don't know this answer since I have been reading these board since we booked our cruise!!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Jane;)

Hey Everyone,

Just talked to Verizon and added international to our plan. They quoted $1.99/minute for calls and $.50 to send a text and $.05 to receive a text on the islands. I believe that if you use the phone on the ship or near the ship at the ports, that they impose an additional charge. If so, does anyone know how much? DH can't believe that I don't know this answer since I have been reading these board since we booked our cruise!!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Jane;)

Jane, if I remember correctly it is $2.99 per minute through the shi satellite phone system.

Joanie

Actually it's $2.49/minute for Verizon phone calls made/received from the ship. Prices per minute for the different islands varies. Verizon's website lists the different rates if you look at the tab marked PLANS then INTERNATIONAL. I'm not sure if you are on the 7 or 14-night cruise.

If I remember correctly, no service on HMC

Grand Turk - $1.99

Grand Cayman - $1.99

Mexico - $0.99

San Juan - Included in nationwide package

St. Maarten - $1.99

Actually it's $2.49/minute for Verizon phone calls made/received from the ship. Prices per minute for the different islands varies. Verizon's website lists the different rates if you look at the tab marked PLANS then INTERNATIONAL. I'm not sure if you are on the 7 or 14-night cruise.

If I remember correctly, no service on HMC

Grand Turk - $1.99

Grand Cayman - $1.99

Mexico - $0.99

San Juan - Included in nationwide package

St. Maarten - $1.99

$2.49 is usually the standard Cell at Sea rate (looking at my ATT bill right now). Also, sent texts were .50 and incoming free if you have a texting plan. Otherwise, pay per txt.

$2.49 is usually the standard Cell at Sea rate (looking at my ATT bill right now). Also, sent texts were .50 and incoming free if you have a texting plan. Otherwise, pay per txt.
AT&T must be different that Verizon with regard to incoming texts. The Verizon site says that texts using the Cellular at Sea or international towers are $0.50 each for outgoing and $0.05 for incoming regardless of texting plan.

Thanks everyone for all your replies. Does anyone know if there is an extra charge from the ship for texting beyond the $.50 for sending and $.05 for receiving texts???? :confused::confused: Will we be able to get a signal to text on sea days? Thanks again.

Jane;)

Archived