Bon Voyage gift to "Suite" on Nieuw Amsterdam....

kymbakitty

I am sure this information is throughout the message board and in brochures and online, but I also know it is very easy to miss something or get old information if you don't ask the people in the "know."

My sister in law is getting married the first week of December aboard the Nieuw Amsterdam. They are in a suite....very nice one actually...I think cabin 7035.

We want to send he and her soon to be husband a gift. We want to spend arond $100 or so but we don't want to get them anything they will already receive because they are in a suite. Some of the suites get flowers and some cruiseline suite passengers receive speciality dining certificates. This is only a 7 day cruise so we want to do something that she will be able to use.

1. What extras do suite passengers receive? (flowers, etc.)

2. Are there any specific suite only speciality dining and if not, do the suite passengers get a certificate for one particular restaurant or not at all.

I would love to fax something into HAL by COB tomorrow so any information would be quite helpful. I know about Princess, but it's been many years since HAL and the new ships are so different in what they offer that I couldn't begin to compare.

Thanks!!!!

Dawn

If you have the cabin number right your sister is in an inside cabin, not a suite, so they only get the standard benefits. Could you have the cabin number wrong? It will make a difference in the benefits if she is in a deluxe verandah oceanview, a superior verandah suite or a deluxe verandah suite. There is post above on SZ cabins and they have a full description of all the amentieis that come with each suite.

Suite cabins have small (pretty) glass bowl with a few floating orchids or other flowers. The days of large arrangements are over. If your sister and fiance enjoy roses, you might sent a dozen roses. The florists arrange them very nicely and mine have always lasted a full week if I keep changing the water.

You certainly could send dinner in Pinnacle (alternative restaurant). That costs $20 pp and a honeymoon couple is sure to enjoy the lovely atmosphere, beautiful service and delicious food.

You can call Ships Services to arrange any of this and to verify her cabin number. 1-800-541-1576

If you have the cabin number right your sister is in an inside cabin, not a suite, so they only get the standard benefits. Could you have the cabin number wrong? It will make a difference in the benefits if she is in a deluxe verandah oceanview, a superior verandah suite or a deluxe verandah suite. There is post above on SZ cabins and they have a full description of all the amentieis that come with each suite.

Cabin 7055...oops. I will call the # provided by another poster. I was hoping I could print something from their website and fax it in like Princess allows. I was hoping I could look at some of their flower options, etc. online, but that does not appear to be an option for HAL.

Thanks for the information!

Dawn

It is disapointing that you can gift but can't view what you gift. I was able to view options through my booking: some prices/options you might be interested in. All the flowers I've ordered in the past have been worth it (to me) and they lasted the cruise as well.

Flowers - dozen long stem (red) roses $44

...doz red/orange roses $32.50

...doz white, yellow, pink or assorted color $32.50

Bon Voyage bouquet $29

Dutch delight $37

Mariner's Memories $51

Chocolate dipped strawberries - $9

Obviously, onboard credit (you deposit some cash towards their account which they use as they wish, do make sure you tell them in case there is a glitch and it doesn't get posted to their room account, usually the second/third day of the cruise). The OBC could then be used towards a bottle of wine, the spa, a specialty dinner, purchase pictures or whatever catches their eye.

The white and blue HAL robes, which can be embroidered with their initials, cost around $49 each (last time I checked). Also makes a great gift to remember the cruise when they get home.

I can only speak for myself, but I wouldn't want robes as a gift. We really try to constantly purge our clothes closet and we keep ONE robe and give others (gifts) to UCP or some other foundation...

Not to mention the thickness and room they would take up in luggage. Personally, I'd rather have flowers that died in a week! Ha!

I think I'm going with a dozen of roses and a certificate to one of the speciality restaurants. I was really hoping that I could see a list of items and figured I was simply missing it on their website. At least now I know it wasn't me--it's just not there!

Thanks everyone....great feedback.

Dawn

How about a portrait package?

There are several.... then they could have some photo memories of their wedding cruise that they didn't have to pay for!

I think thats a great suggestion. We are hoping to take a cruise to celebrate our silver wedding anniversary in 2012 and would absolutely love it if we had a portrait package paid for as a gift.

I think thats a great suggestion. We are hoping to take a cruise to celebrate our silver wedding anniversary in 2012 and would absolutely love it if we had a portrait package paid for as a gift.

I noticed that HAL has some pretty extensive wedding packages. Really great to get married on HAL!!!!

They really range in cost from a thousand + to quite a few thousand. I don't want to ask them which package they selected in order to find out which portraits will be made as part of their package (they live in Canada...we in California....so we are not that close where we could ask them what they paid for something like this).

I think the flowers/dining certificates seems to be the best option for us.

Thanks!!!!

Dawn

Does the gift have to be cruise related? You could always send your sister and new husband a 'traditional wedding gift' she will have for years to come.

Maybe she has some things she'd like for their home?

Does the gift have to be cruise related? You could always send your sister and new husband a 'traditional wedding gift' she will have for years to come.

Maybe she has some things she'd like for their home?

I definitely want to surprise them with a gift on the cruise. This is their first cruise and they are both in their 50's. My DH (his sister) also thought it was a great idea. I know how I feel when I receive a gift on a cruise--you feel like a little kid. So they'll really know we thought of her to remember all the details (sail date/cabin/etc.) if she sees a gift from us in her suite. Now that is something they won't forget....AND, they don't have to lug it home or try to find a place for it on the shelf or wall and dust it for the next 20 years--ha!

:)

Thanks. Just making suggestions. ;)

Sorry.

No apology necessary. :)

But since they combined households (not 1st marriage for either of them), I have no idea how much room they have or don't have and I really think a surprise on the ship will be really unexpected and appreciated.

I'm calling the 1-800 now....I'm going for the roses and dinner certificates.

Thanks all!

Dawn

Archived