Best Food in Old San Juan PR

Honeychild

We will be in San Juan on Saturday, Dec 11 and we will be just walking around seeing the sights. We want to do an authentic Puerto Rican lunch. Any suggestions?

Also, any suggestions on must see sights. This is 2nd time in Old San Juan so we are looking for things we might have missed on the first trip.

We will be in San Juan on Saturday, Dec 11 and we will be just walking around seeing the sights. We want to do an authentic Puerto Rican lunch. Any suggestions?

Also, any suggestions on must see sights. This is 2nd time in Old San Juan so we are looking for things we might have missed on the first trip.

the latin roots..back of the sheraton...

I'm still hoping to find the El Churry truck...

My wife and I are here now and found it today in Isla Verde kinda close to the airport. It was really good and worth the time to find! A word of advice: it is only open at night starting at around 6. We went by for lunch and no truck there!

My wife and I are here now and found it today in Isla Verde kinda close to the airport. It was really good and worth the time to find! A word of advice: it is only open at night starting at around 6. We went by for lunch and no truck there!

Thanks for the info. It seems like this thing can be harder to spot than Bigfoot or the Loch Ness Monster. Good to hear that someone actually saw it! Wish it was open for lunch, though. Would be perfect before getting on the plane.

Thanks for the info. It seems like this thing can be harder to spot than Bigfoot or the Loch Ness Monster. Good to hear that someone actually saw it! Wish it was open for lunch, though. Would be perfect before getting on the plane.

you can always find El Churry at the west end of Avenida Isla Verde near the fast food restaurant Pollo Tropical and the seafood restaurant Pescadería Atlántica.

Try a tripleta (sp?) from the food vendors that set up about a block or two west of the Sheraton OSJ. A nice little park fronts the harbor and food and other vendors set up along the street and park. The tripleta is a hearty three-meat sandwich though the vendor only appeared in the evening. Earlier in the day a lunch wagon sold papas de rellenos (fried, stuffed potatoes) and other deliciousness.

Archived