Zhiu / Ixtapa short Stay

SD_31

I see on our April 6th cruise that we only have from 7am till 2pm inport in Ixtapa. Just looking to head to a major hotel to enjoy the beach and such. Is this enough time to get tenedered to shore, cab it to the hotel in Ixtapa zone and then get back in time. Very annoyed at NCL for making the most beautiful stop of all, the shortest, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Hope someone can shed some light onto my area of concern or offer a near by hotel to go and veg at in the Zihu area close to the dock.

• 2 weeks later...

SD_31,

Your time maybe even shorter. From the Freestyle dailys it looks like you will be having your chocoholic buffet starting at 2PM that day, and photos of the chocoholic buffet are scheduled at either 1:30 or 1:45. The last few tenders will be packed with people. Most likely you will find that the early morning first tenders will be less than full, because of all the cruisers who were in Acapulco until late the night before. You should still have time if you leave the ship early to do a little sight seeing and go to a hotel for a couple of hours.

I'm hoping to see more replies to this thread with ideas on what to see in port for such a short time.

Zihuat is such a beautiful spot...why rush to Ixtapa - just stroll around this little port, shop, etc. I understand there is a water taxi close to where you tender in that goes to a beautiful beach (read it on the "Celebrity" thread) but have not done it myself. The writer said it compared to any in the Caribbean.

Zihuat is such a beautiful spot...why rush to Ixtapa - just stroll around this little port, shop, etc.

I agree. I love Zihuat. It was my favorite port!

Archived