Ncl sky ride to paradise pt. St. Thomas

RDMOREU

The NCL excursion seems to be cheaper than doing it on your own!

When looking at the excursion description, it says 'Come at your leisure, as the Skyride runs continuously'. And, a reviewer indicates the same. BUT, NCL lists it as being at 12:30. I'm supposing they just listed that time as we're scheduled to arrive at 12 noon???????????

Anyone who has done this, will you please confirm it's do whatever time you want to.

TIA

as above, we just walked over to the skyride, and after a short wait we enjoyed the ride up and great views. parrot shows at the top and a few craft booths. a snack bar and a real bar. you can just hang out, take great pictures. many tour groups come thru, you can hear their commentary on the history, etc, of the island. there is a short nature trail too. there are local shops on the way to the ride. we enjoyed wendys a short distance away and walked thru a local grocery store and a two story KMart (really!), but that was a few years ago, don't know if it is still there.

have a great trip!

Beverly

My friend and I did this on our own as we wanted to shop in town and walk around. I know it cost us about $21 to $25 each. It is a spectacular view. It was raining the day we went and there were rainbows everywhere. There is a restaurant, a bird(parrots) area, bar and alittle shopping area up the steps to the ride itself. There is also a boardwalk we

walked on to get to the top viewing area, photo spot.

I think u are right as to the time the cruiseline has set--they may drive u there, but the ship docks very close to town and it is an easy walk on your own. If I remember right we chose to pay alittle bit more to go on the ride, so we could go when we wanted. I think the cruise excursion locked u in to a strict time frame. The ride is open from 9am or 10 am til 5pm generally and is only open on cruise ship port days and u can go on it at any time. Whichever way u choose, I thoroughly enjoyed it and the views.The ride itself is not particularly long but was worth it to me. I

don't know how others feel but I enjoyed this ride very much and would

do it again. Hope this helps. Happy cruising!

Husband and I have taken this skyride twice and don't really want to do it again. However, we truly enjoy the bushwacker drinks up at Paradise Point. Does anyone have any inside info as to how to get there without taking the tram. We did ask one taxi driver and he told us that he could not take us to Paradise Point that we would have to take the skyride. Any thoughts?

Husband and I have taken this skyride twice and don't really want to do it again. However, we truly enjoy the bushwacker drinks up at Paradise Point. Does anyone have any inside info as to how to get there without taking the tram. We did ask one taxi driver and he told us that he could not take us to Paradise Point that we would have to take the skyride. Any thoughts?

You can get Bushwackers just about everywhere. Try the Shipwreck Tavern across the street from the main gates at Havensight.

PE

We took the skyride last January.

If I remember correctly, NCL gives you a discount if you purchase the tickets prior to the day you arrive in the port. There is not a set time for this excursion. Whenever you get get there, you just get in line and take the ride to the top, with everyone else. The ticket is good for only one trip up. I don't remember them checking tickets on the way down. I think they just assume that if you got up there, you must have taken the skyride.

I think it is possible to walk up there, but it is a long way and very steep. There are houses on the hill and the road winds it way up the hill between these driveways, so is does turn out to be a long uphill walk if you decide to give it a try.

We got off the ship, walked around and looked in the shops for a hour or two and then took the ride to the top. Great afternoon drinking Bushwackers and enjoying the fantastic view. Very low key.

Archived