Day sail worth the price for family of 4?

maggied

Hi - My family (kids 18&21) will be in St. Thomas on the Valor. The day sail trips sound wonderful and a great way to spend the day...however, I'm a little concerned about spending that much money (?$500) for the day. Is it truly worth the money??? Would greatly appreciate your honest opinions and thoughts. Thanks.

Hi-

When are you going? We will be there March 22 and there are nine of us going on a day sail with Interlinesail. We too thought it seemed like a great deal of money (6 in our party are between 15-18!) but decided it was something we really wanted to do and we're going for it. We'll be low key in St. Martin---probably just take the cheap bus to the beach! I'd be happy to let you know how much fun we have if you're not sailing in the near future.

Hi - My family (kids 18&21) will be in St. Thomas on the Valor. The day sail trips sound wonderful and a great way to spend the day...however, I'm a little concerned about spending that much money (?$500) for the day. Is it truly worth the money??? Would greatly appreciate your honest opinions and thoughts. Thanks.

A day sail is a quiet, relaxing day. It depends on how much your family enjoys sailing and a nice relaxing day. Do you like to snorkel? It does get expensive to take a family, especially when you add tip and taxi to Red Hook for four. I took my 17 year old on a sail, and she enjoyed it, but I think she would of enjoyed something more adventurous more. A less expensive option would be to rent a vehicle, take the car ferry over to St. Johns and tour St. Johns and check out the beaches. The advantage of renting a vehicle is that you don't have to times it by four, including the ferry. Another fun thing to do in St. Johns would be to rent dingys. Enjoy!!!

Archived