How Christmassy will it be?

hcviana

Sailing Radiance Dec 20th to 24th. I understand the ship will have some Christmas decorations by then. We have never sailed in December. Besides from the decoration, how much of the Christmas spirit will we experience on the ship??...or is it just like any other regular cruise duiring the year????

We were on the Navigator last year and they did a tree lighting one night. They also had caroling on the promenade another. It was beautifully and tastfully decorated. There was also a lovely menorah for those of Jewish faith.

Christmas overload. Carols played incessantly in the public areas.

Um ... that gives me almost more of an opening than I can resist ... Carol:p

To the OP: I've been on several RCI ships during the December holidays. Garland is draped from the stairwells; there is usually a large gingerbread village in the centrum; decorated trees everywhere; and a Menorah at the Guest Relations Desk.

On Christmas Eve, on the Vision, they had a Christmas Carol sing-along around the centrum and, at one point, it began to snow into the centrum. (OK, it was "fake" snow ... but it was lovely.)

Um ... that gives me almost more of an opening than I can resist ... Carol:p

To the OP: I've been on several RCI ships during the December holidays. Garland is draped from the stairwells; there is usually a large gingerbread village in the centrum; decorated trees everywhere; and a Menorah at the Guest Relations Desk.

On Christmas Eve, on the Vision, they had a Christmas Carol sing-along around the centrum and, at one point, it began to snow into the centrum. (OK, it was "fake" snow ... but it was lovely.)

I can not express how excited I am for our mid December cruise on Oasis next month. I'm bouncing off the walls.

I want to do a Christmas cruise soooo badly! I'm thinking now is the time to start putting a little away each month so that hopefully I can afford this next year! My kids love cruising, and I'm positive they would really enjoy these festivities. My family might kill me for taking off at Christmas, but hey, if that's the only price I have to pay...;)

Sailing Radiance Dec 20th to 24th. I understand the ship will have some Christmas decorations by then. We have never sailed in December. Besides from the decoration, how much of the Christmas spirit will we experience on the ship??...or is it just like any other regular cruise duiring the year????

We were on Radiance last December and though it was decorated for the holidays, it was not overly done. You will know it's the Christmas Season.

There will be one large Christmas Tree in the Centrum area which was beautiful last year. Garland will be affixed to all railings with red bows.

Hopefully they will put up the Gingerbread Display on Deck 6 Centrum Area where there will be several smaller trees also. It's a beautiful display with a train that sometimes is running and sometimes not.

I'm expecting the Voyater OTS to be fully decorated for my December 5th cruise. A few years ago I was on the Canival Ecstatsy about 2 weeks before Christmas. Of course the ship was decorated, but they also did a special afternoon Christmas show in the main theater the last sea day. It was really great. I wonder if RCCL ever does this?

Archived