Mediterranea - April 10

Hei1980

My husband and I are sailing Costa Med that week to the E Carb. We went last year on the NCL Sea out of Houston. The ship was old but we had a great time. We both love all the activities on the ship and picked Costa both because of the price and the Italian atmosphere. Have you gotten your cruise papers yet? We booked through an internet company and they are telling me something about having the papers at the dock. I am not really too sure about that so I plan to contact them in a day or so to try to get the documents mailed to us.

Do you guys have any plans/thoughts on what to do in the various ports. I was wondering about taking shore excursions vs. hiring taxis. We did both on our last cruise and was pleased for the most part. Any information you may have would be helpful. I think we booked the early dinner sitting and are planning to dress for the formal, Italian, and Toga nights.

Look forward to meeting you. Feel free to replay at my email. I have been email another couple on the same cruise so it looks like we are up to six of us.

pricha2@hotmail.com

(Do you guys have any plans/thoughts on what to do in the various ports. I was wondering about taking shore excursions vs. hiring taxis. We did both on our last cruise and was pleased for the most part. Any information you may have would be helpful. I think we booked the early dinner sitting and are planning to dress for the formal, Italian, and Toga nights.)

We have late dinner sitting, we also go for the formal, Italian and toga nights.

We have cruise so often, excursions mean nothing to us, it is all about beach, beach, beach. We take a taxi to the best beach then return late morning when "Mad dogs and Englishmen go out in the noon day sun!"

• 3 weeks later...

HI, WE ARE ALSO GOING ON THE APRIL 10TH CRUISE ON THE MEDITERRENIA. FOR THE PAST 2 WEEKS I HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO LOG ON THE COSTA SITE WITH THE BOOKING NUMBER. TWO PHONE CALLS FROM THE TRAVEL AGENT CONFIRM WE HAVE A LEGITIMATE BOOKING NUMBER, BUT THEY ARE HAVING TROUBLE WITH THEIR WEBSITE. ONLY 26 DAYS TO GO AND WE STILL HAVEN'T RECEIVED OUR DOCUMENTS. I AM ANXIOUS TO SEE ANY UPGRADES.:confused: WE ARE FLYING INTO FT. LAUDERDALE FROM PITTSBURGH. WE WERE IN FT. LAUDERDALE IN SEPTEMBER, BETWEEN THE HURRICANES, TO CATCH THE CELEBRITY CENTURY. IT WAS A LOVELY SHIP. THIS WILL BE OUR SEVENTH CRUISE SINCE 2001. WE TRY TO DO 1 CRUISE A YEAR AND ONE ALL INCLUSIVE VACATION . THIS YEAR WE ARE GOING TO PUNTA CANA IN JUNE.

WE ALWAYS HAVE THE EARLY SEATING AT DINNER. WE TRIED THE LATE SEATING ONCE AND DEFINITELY DIDN'T LIKE FINISHING DINNER AT 10:30 AT NIGHT.

WE ARE ALSO LOOKING FOR BEACH, BEACH, BEACH. THIS WILL BE OUR 3RD STOP AT NASSAU(NOT OUR FAVORITE SPOT). MY HUSBAND WOULD BE HAPPY TO LIVE ON THE BEACH, BUT I ALWAYS TALK HIM INTO 1 TOUR OF SOME KIND. IN SEPTEMBER WE TOOK A RIVER CRUISE INTO THE JUNGLES OF BELIZE AND VIEWED THE MAYAN RUINS INSIDE THE COUNTRY. ONCE WE WENT PARA SAILING. I HAVEN'T REALLY STUDIED THE OPTIONS ON THIS UPCOMING TRIP. ST. THOMAS SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD BEACH STOP, SAN JUAN SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD SITE SEEING STOP SINCE WE GET THERE LATER IN THE DAY. I HAD WANTED TO TRY THE BIOLUMINICENT TOUR, BUT HEARD A LOT OF NEGATIVE COMMENTS ON ITS VALUE.

ENOUGH FOR NOW, HOPE YOU ARE STILL MONITERING THE SITE. I HAVE BEEN EMAILING PENNY AND SPENCER FOR THE PAST COUPLE OF MONTHS . NOW THERE ARE 6 OF US. LOOKING FORWARD TO APRIL 10TH. CHRIS

• 3 weeks later...

Got a special offer from Costa a few weeks ago for this sailing, so we're there:D ! Second Costa cruise for my wife and I (Costa Victoria in October 2000) and I think it's my 6th or 7th. Late seating dinner for us.

A friend of mine and I are going on this cruise. First time on Costa, tho' I've been on Carnival twice. Looking forward to the new experience and I'm happy that this cruise seems to have many more ports of call than a comparable-day Carnival cruise.

Hopefully someone who is not on board ship can help me with this question...

My mom is on the April 10th sailing, and I'd like to keep up with where she is, but I can't find the ship's itinerary online. Of course, she didn't send it to me, and I thought I'd find it on the Costa web site. Any body have it or know where I can find it?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All...

We just returned from the Mediterranea 4/10 cruise, and we thought it was great. It was my first time cruising, and I have to say it exceeded my expectations (as my boyfriend says, I am "pretty picky").

We thought the food was good, and there was plenty of it around at most hours of the day. I also thought there was a good variety, and appreciated being able to have pizza for breakfast if I wanted! (The "blond" orange juice was practically addictive!)

The staff was terrific, especially Jose and Rio our waiters. We liked the entertainment, especially the singer (Italian/American fellow), can't think of his name right now, but he was very good.

The Costa dancers and singers had incredible energy and looked like they really enjoyed their work. In fact, everyone worked very hard and they all made us feel welcome from the moment we came on board.

Yes - we did note the cherubs on the ceiling in the bar - I think it was the Piazza Casanova? They were hysterical. Quite a lot of the decor was somewhat over the top in places, but I think it added to the experience.

All in all, we met a lot of nice people, ate too much, and enjoyed ourselves a lot. I would not hesitate to go with Costa again!

p.s. for those who had previously noted less than great experiences as I read back over the posts, Costa has now made it a priority now to provide excellence in customer service, and they do read the comment sheets from each cruise.

Archived