Shore to ship deliveries????

jcruise67

I've heard of purchasing gifts and alcohol through independent delivery services where they deliver alcohol and things to the ship. Does anyone know of any such agencies that do this? I also heard of other cc members talking on the boards about alcohol that was delivered to the ship for them and it was in their cabin when they returned. Is this for real? Please tell me where to find these independent delivery services.

John

I don't think you're going to find any cruise line that will allow you to ship anything like booze to your cabin. Since beverages are a big source of income for the cruise lines, you can bet they would not allow you to call any delivery service to put alcohol in your room. Yes, people smuggle booze in their luggage, but I honestly don't think the ship will allow independent shipment of things to you.

When you hear about people getting alcohol delivered to their rooms, it's when they purchase bottles on the islands and the store will deliver the boxes to the ship for you, so you don't have to lug them around the island. But, most cruise lines will take those boxes and give them to you on the last night before you disembark the ship.

There are several other threads that list flower and gift shops that will send bon voyage gifts to the ships. Many of them include wine or champagne with cheeses/crackers etc. Here is a link to one that everyone has raved about. I haven't used them but am also looking for the same info. Hope this helps.

http://www.theperfectgift.cc/

Or...for more information search your cruise line thread for "bon voyage gifts."

Happy Planning,

Lisa

OK, I understand where the OP is going with this. I took his message to mean that he can order lots of booze and have that shipped to the dock. Yes, you can have gift packages taken to the ship and delivered to passengers, and those gift baskets can contain bottles of wine or champagne.

Archived