Best way to get from Livorno to Florence

suzski

As a bit of background, my husband and I will be sailing into Livorno, arriving at 6:00, and departing at 6:00 pm. We want to take advantage of a cooking tour in the Florence area that meets (in Florence) at 9:40 am and gets back to Florence approximately 3:30 pm. With that said, can anyone offer advice on the *best* (quickest first, followed quickly by cheapest) way to get to and from Florence for this trip?

Thanks in advance!

If you catch the 7:03 train you can be in Florence at 8:33

The 7:34 gets you there at 9:03.

Returning the training leaving the main Florence station at 13:37 arrive at Livorno Centrale at 15:20.

I hope it's a short cooking class :)

There is a 3:27, arrives Livorno Centrale at 4:50. The next train after that is at 4:27, arriving at 5:50.

In between there are two trains to Pisa Centrale, where you would need to change for a train to Livorno Centrale:

3:37 arrives Pisa 4:29, then 4:32 (arrives 4:50) or 5:00 (arrives 5:14)

3:57 arrives Pisa 4:59, then 5:32 (arrives 5:50) or 5:45 (arrives 6:01)

thanks for the info.

Would another option be renting a car for the day? It seems like connection times are pretty tight to allow me to take advantage of the full day and then use mass transit.

www.sifracar.com

We have made arrangements to rent a car from this company in Livorno in June.They deliver the car to the ship and you drop it off there on your return.They are very responsive when you email them.I got the name from others on this board and I believe the company is actually Hertz in Italy.

Would another option be renting a car for the day? It seems like connection times are pretty tight to allow me to take advantage of the full day and then use mass transit.

Renting a car is certainly an option, but be very careful if you will be driving into Florence itself. The city is covered by a ZTL zone which you cannot enter ... and the fine is expensive if you do. It will be automatically charged to your credit card by the rental car company.

thanks letsgo39....sounds like a very easy option.

Eurocruiser, since the tour is actually outside Florence, maybe my best option would be to see if we can meet them at their estate....that will save us the hassle of parking and meeting up, and will allow us to take off earlier if it's running late an we need to get back to the ship.

I'm going to email them right now and see if this is an option.

Again, appreciate the advice all

Archived