Announcement of Godmothers

I wonder when we will hear who the new godmothers are or if there will be just 1?? I surely hope its not Oprah if today was any indication by her giving away of the allure cruises on her show!!! I just have grown to really dislike her, she has some really bizarre ways of thinking and she even scares me somewhat...I am glad she is going off the air and freeing up the airspace for something else. I agree she has been a great humanitarian and gives away alot of her money..but she still lives in the lap of luxury and has more money than she will ever use or need in 20 lifetimes. I have just seen and heard enough of her and can't wait till she's off the air.

I just hope they pick someone better than her, that's all....I will probably get a huge flaming response from this...but it is Just My Opinion!!!

Stef, I found this last night on a site -

The official naming ceremony for Allure of the Seas will take place on November 28 during a one-night inaugural celebration fundraiser to benefit the United Way chapters of Miami-Dade and Broward counties and Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines Haiti Fund, among other charities. The godmother of Allure of the Seas will be unveiled during the special ceremony which will be streamed live at 4:30 pm on www.allureoftheseas.com.

That might be Oprah then, although I would have thought the Big O would have been more suited to The Big O ( as in Oasis ) :D

Stef, I found this last night on a site -

The official naming ceremony for Allure of the Seas will take place on November 28 during a one-night inaugural celebration fundraiser to benefit the United Way chapters of Miami-Dade and Broward counties and Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines Haiti Fund, among other charities. The godmother of Allure of the Seas will be unveiled during the special ceremony which will be streamed live at 4:30 pm on www.allureoftheseas.com.

Ok...enough said on the subject, I was just giving my opinion. And there's no way I would ever let any person keep me from anything, let alone a ship as grand as the Allure. I was just sad to hear it might be her. That's my last word on this. Sorry if I stepped on anyones toes!

I wonder when we will hear who the new godmothers are or if there will be just 1?? I surely hope its not Oprah if today was any indication by her giving away of the allure cruises on her show!!! I just have grown to really dislike her, she has some really bizarre ways of thinking and she even scares me somewhat...I am glad she is going off the air and freeing up the airspace for something else. I agree she has been a great humanitarian and gives away alot of her money..but she still lives in the lap of luxury and has more money than she will ever use or need in 20 lifetimes. I have just seen and heard enough of her and can't wait till she's off the air.

I just hope they pick someone better than her, that's all....I will probably get a huge flaming response from this...but it is Just My Opinion!!!

I hate to break it to you, but she's not going off the air. Yes, she is ending her current show, but then she's launching her own network. She's not going anywhere. ;)

Where did you find that? Only one Godmother this time? That strikes me as odd because I would think that RCl would keep it the same as Oasis. As far as Oprah, I remember the discussion about Oprah being a Godmother for Oasis but most thought she wouldn't attach her name to any ship. Maybe that's changed since she gave away the cruise and you said that the announcement is secret until the day OF the event (as opposed to what Oasis did). Any thoughts?

Ok...enough said on the subject, I was just giving my opinion. And there's no way I would ever let any person keep me from anything, let alone a ship as grand as the Allure. I was just sad to hear it might be her. That's my last word on this. Sorry if I stepped on anyones toes!

It is all speculation..people guessing fueling the rumor mill. On RCI facebook they were saying Betty White, Taylor Swift... oops more rumors LOL

I wouldn't mind Oprah as MY godmother though:D:D

I know for a couple of the Godmother's they had a vote, I'm not sure how they are picking this time. I would be suprised if they only had 1 since the Oasis had 7. I was on the Oasis Maiden and I'll be on the Allure Maiden. I, 13 cruises I have only ever met 1 Godmother, and that was on the Liberty. I can't remember her name, but she was a really nice lady, did a lot of work with kids. On one hand I hope Royal picks someone who doesn't have "baggage" the school in Africa for one, but if she "Oprah" does so much good for folks then I think she would be a good choice. Of course she wouldn't need the free cruise that Godmother's get. I heard Taylor Swift was mentioned, for her I would ask why???? Ok, I do listen to country, but I can't stand her, I'm glad she is going to be singing in Jan, if they would have said she was going to be on the Maiden I would have been grumpy, she makes my ears bleed, plus what does she do? I haven't heard of her doing any great charity works. Betty White would be a great choice, but in the great grand schema of things, I don't think it really matters. Just my 2 cents

I know for a couple of the Godmother's they had a vote, I'm not sure how they are picking this time. I would be suprised if they only had 1 since the Oasis had 7. I was on the Oasis Maiden and I'll be on the Allure Maiden. I, 13 cruises I have only ever met 1 Godmother, and that was on the Liberty. I can't remember her name, but she was a really nice lady, did a lot of work with kids.

The Godmother on Liberty was a travel agent from Toronto Canada. RCI was recognizing the work of the travel agent community. For Freedom and for Liberty RCI had people write in and suggest potential godmothers and then the let the public vote on it online.

The winner was Donnalea Madaley. I recall voting as I did for the Freedom Godmother Louise Calder for her work with foster children

They had to have done charity work to be nominted. The Liberty Godmother created and led an organization called Hands Across the Nation.

Not sure how they selected the Independence Godmother.

I don't think Taylor Swift simply because of the gap between the naming ceremony and her cruise, if it was her she could have done something while already there. Betty White would be cool, I could also see some kind of green activist since the main show they are pushing for Allure seems to be Blue Planet. I'll add my name to the please not Oprah list.

Well...I guess time will tell and our questions will soon be answered as to who the godmother/s are?? At this point, I dont much care. She will never be on the ship when I am anyhow. I loved the Oasis and I'm sure the Allure will be just as amazing and wonderful!! :D

divaofdisney, Ok we get it, you don't like Oprah! Move on, if they make her a Godmother then cancel your cruise on the Allure!:(

Lindy, I second that!! Good thing Oprah is not at home thinking about the bad taste she leaves in divaofdisney's mouth. She is too busy trying to figure out who else in the world she can HELP!!! Cheers to you OPRAH!!!!:D

No need to apologise. There are many people, me included, who feel the same about Oprah lately.

No need to apologise. There are many people, me included, who feel the same about Oprah lately.

Are you even interested in Allure? Is this Cruise Critic or Oprah Critic:confused: I know, I know, you're entitled to your opinion:p divaofdisney stated this was her last word, but I guess not really, because I'm sure she'll have some more to say, the more supporters she gets for her who else hates Oprah campaign!

Are you even interested in Allure? Is this Cruise Critic or Oprah Critic:confused: I know, I know, you're entitled to your opinion:p divaofdisney stated this was her last word, but I guess not really, because I'm sure she'll have some more to say, the more supporters she gets for her who else hates Oprah campaign!

Yes, I'm very much interested in Allure and have a booking to prove it:) And I would prefer anyone else besides Oprah as a godmother.

And you are right. This is my opinion. Is it still allowed on these boards?

Archived