can my hands be saved?

Cruise Arizona

Oh my! I have been doing a lot of "spring" cleaning and detail cleaning IE scrubbing baseboards and scubbing out shower stall ect. I have worn gloves for part of the cleaning, but unfortunately not all of it. As a result my nails are all worn down and looking horrible. I even caulked a window today, got silicone caulk all over my hands and had to scrub it off with a sos pad. So you can imagine my hands look pretty bad.

Is there anything I can do to rescue my hands before my cruise in a week? Any great products or treatments will be appreciated.

Go to a nail salon & get a parafin treatment combined with a good manicure & moisturizer for the hands. Use a FACE scrub on your hands in the mean time. The face scrub is gentle and will exfoliate & soften your hands.

Carole

While I haven't been caulking lately:o, my skin is very dry, especially on my hands. The best cream I've found for everyday use is L'Occitane (don't ask me to pronounce it....I can't get my Southern tongue wrapped around those French words:D). It has 20% shea butter, but absorbs right into your skin (I hate that tacky feeling that some creams leave you with!) and it smells really light and clean (almost like baby lotion), so it doesn't interfere with your perfume.

I keep a large tube on the vanity and a smaller tube in my handbag at all times. I've even been in line to pay for mine, and sold tubes to other customers waiting to pay (I swear I don't own stock in the company!!:D)

After your hands are pampered and "paraffined" at the local nail spa, you may want to try the L'Occitane to keep them soft!! Good luck!

Archived