First Time Celebrity Cruiser sails Century

stampinrobin

Thank you for a great review! It has me really excited for our first X cruise in January.

One question though- is your MDR seating not on your card? We have only sailed on RCI and this information is printed on the seapass. If not, where does one find this information?

Cheers,

Yes as BettyCruiser says, it's on a little card in your room so make sure you memorize it or take it with you!

Yes, my 24-year old son is active duty Air Force and stationed in Japan. We are meeting in Florida next fall for a family vacation. He has always wanted to sail the Oasis.........such a sacrifice I'm making to support our troops! ha ha

In my quest to try all the cruise lines, this will get me on RCI, but I wonder if that Oasis will be indicative of their "normal" ships?

1st - thank your son for his service to our country!!! (also thank you too)

2nd Oasis is definitely not "normal" I think RCI is interesting in that their newer ships, Liberty, Freedom, Independence, Oasis & Allure are more similar with size & "stuff" on board even Explorer (voyager class) is pretty big with the ice rink & promenade. All their new ships scream "bigger is better"

But their older ships like Gandeur, Brilliance, Enchantment (Radiance & Vision class) ships are to me more like "normal" ships. These would be the ones like Century. I think it's really a matter of attracting different demographics to their cruise line with all the options. We've done Grandeur (smaller) & Freedom (larger) and enjoyed both.

Enjoyed your review! Made me miss the Century. It's a lovely ship and the crew was wonderful. I went on a five-day for my 50th birthday last year, with a GP, DD, and her GP. Two generations, but we had a great time together. Loved the food, the service, and the fact that they always seemed to be handing out champagne. ;)

The Captain came to our table in the MDR, wished me happy birthday, and said if I come back next year, I'll be 49! Now what's not to like about this ship? :p

Archived