Ft. Laurderdale Hotels Nearest The Port?

KROME1380

I am trying to figure out what area is a quick cab ride to the port in Ft. Laurderdale. I will be sailing the Caribbean Princess in May and will be arriving a day early. Is downtown close enough to the port? I wanted to book downtown so I can do a few things pre-cruise, visit some attractions, and maybe hit a nightclub before departure. Is this the right area for that? How long from the airport? cruise ship?

The Marriott Hotel and Marina is also a very nice hotel, close to the pier and airport. You can take the water taxi, pickup is right at the hotel, you can go to Olas Blvd. and enjoy some nice restaurants.

I got this hotel on priceline for $75 for next month. The only bad thing with priceline is you cannot pick the hotel you want, you get the hotel that accepts your bid, but for one night, if you bid 3* or 4* downtown, you should get a great hotel. Hope this helps. Enjoy your cruise.

• 3 months later...

I would love to hear back from you after your cruise this month on the Caribbean Princess. We are set for Oct. 15

I'm definitely confused on all the places to stay pre-cruise. Where did you end up?

thanks a bunch. I hope your cruise was wonderful!

Let me know anything particular about the ship that I may n eed to know.

Hyatt Pier 66 we could see the Caribbean Princess from the Property when we were there (as well as all the other ships). Right across the bridge from the cruise ship terminal entrance.

i stayed at embassy suites last august before my CP cruise. got it on priceline for $45--free breakfast, transportation from the airport and to the port. near restaurants and shopping. very convenient. I will be staying there again in december before my liberty cruise.

Hotels on 17th St. are all beautiful properties reasonable close to restuarants, but not walking distance to a lot of nightlife. Water taxi from Hyatt to Las Olas is good option, but what if it's a rainy night (as May often has). Is also a somewhat slow, but also very relaxing, way to get to Las Olas.

Riverside Hotel on Las Olas is a great place for everything you're looking for. Close to airport, port and Ft. Lauderdale nightlife. Las Olas has lots of restaurants with good bars and very close by is the Riverfront shopping and entertainment complex (movie theater and nightclubs). Also very close to Museum of Art, Museum of Discovery and Science (w/IMAX) and Broward Center for the Performing Arts. This is not the least expensive hotel, but you walk out your door and your in the middle of it all.

There's also a Hampton Inn just N. of downtown, but it's a little further from port and airport and a short cab ride from the above mentioned attractions.

May also want to consider Hollywood/Dania hotels which are close to airport and port. Some are very close to airport (Springhill, Hilton Gardens, La Quinta, Holiday Inn, Days Inn) These are all also close to a shopping / dining area that includes a Dave and Busters and movie theaters. Hotels on Hollywood beach are well located and the Holly Trolley (costs $1 I believe) runs between the beach and downtown Hollywood. There are a few nightclubs and many restaurants including O'Hara's (live music). Visit www.visithollywood.org for lots of info.

This place is a total rip off in Dania. For $159, you take a death cab from the airport to the hotel, I mean at 90 miles an hour, gimme a break. You get to the hotel where the desk staff is cleary miffed that you have arrived. You get to your semi clean room. There is no dining except for the buffet breakfast in the morning. They shut our keys off the following morning at 9:00am, so we couldn't back into our rooms to get luggage etc.

I was soooo dissapointed. I'm going to Priceline it this time.

This is just my opinion on the hotel, may not be reflective of everyone's views.

We stayed at the Wyndham in Dania and would not recommend it to anyone. I had high hopes after staying at other Wyndhams, but was very disappointed. This place is also not near anything, which means you need to take a taxi. If we ever leave out of Ft. Lauderdale again we will research hotels better than we did this time.

I just won the Renaissance on priceline for $102. Not too sure if that is a good price or not. I bid $80 but they gave me another chance to bid (one time offer) for $22. more. I tried $75 for a three star hotel and didn't get one so went back to the offer on the four star for $22. more.

Prices must have really gone up at the Hotels in Ft. Lauderdale. I have been reading about people getting $50-75 bids for three and four star hotels. Not me!!

AmeriSuites in Ft. Lauderdale caters to a lot of cruise passengers. You can book it through Valuetrips.com and it's only about $69/night. Free shuttle from the airport and also to the port. If you opt to take a taxi ride from there to the port, it is only about $5.

Archived