Which RCL ship from a Disney perspective?

Page4

Hi Guys, We have been on the Disney Wonder once and want to try RCL. Due to my business its hard to get away for more than 5 days so I guess we will have to try one of RCL's smaller ships. I know the bigger, newer ships do 7 days or so.

Which ship would be a good comparison or better than DCL's Wonder? I live in FL. Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks.

The Liberty does 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8 nighters out of fort lauderdale...this is a freedom class ship so you will have all the amenities...ie: skating rink, flowrider, promenade, mini golf and much more just go to rci website and check out the liberty...enjoy and happy sailings:)

I am certainly no expert, as I have yet to experience RCI, but I have been on the Wonder. My opinion according to my research is that if you have kids, you would probably most enjoy the Navigator which does 5-night Western sailings from Ft. Lauderdale. It is comparable in size and also has a promenade and lots of activities. The Radiance, with 5-night Western sailings from Tampa is also comparable in size and seems more elegant with lots of glass, but caters a little more to adults.

The Liberty, Navigator from Ft. Lauderdale and the Radiance from Tampa are only in Florida during the winter season until April. After that they go to Europe. They do the 5-day cruises. Otherwise you are stuck with the Monarch/Majestic and only able to do the 3/4 day cruises during the summer season. During the entire year your choices for bigger ships are Freedom from Port Canaveral and Oasis/Allure from Ft. Lauderdale. They only do 7-day cruises. Those are wonderful ships.

I know the Oasis and Allure only do 7 days right now - that may change in the future. That said, it may be worth your while to try to get the extra couple of days since these two have lots more geared to kids (merry-go-round, DreamWorks characters, etc...) above the others.

Aside from that, any of the larger ships (Voyager, Explorer, Mariner, Adventure, Freedom, Independence, Liberty, Oasis or Allure) as 1) they all have that wonderful promenade for parades, 2) lots of kid friendly activities (clubs, H2Ozone, etc...), 3) more dining options like Johnny Rockets, 4) more entertainment options, etc...

I have been on Mariner, Explorer and Independence and am booked on Oasis for next summer - Just from what I've seen the kids have a better time on the bigger boats - Just MHO.

Haven't been on Disney, but from what I've read, I'd say that Voyager class would be comparable, Freedom and Oasis classes would have more to do. You didn't mention timeframe. Navigator (Voyager class) has a lot of 5 days this winter/spring, Liberty (Freedom class) has a lot next fall/winter, both out of Ft. Lauderdale. It looks like Oasis and Allure have occasional 5 days out of Ft. Lauderdale, too. I really like Radiance, too ... it's a beautiful ship, but from the perspective of having lots of things to do, there's not as much.

Archived