Star Clipper/Star Flyer

MSEm

When we were on the Star Clipper, the cabin electrical power was 120V.

There was a very nice 220V hair dryer on the Star Clipper, but on 120V it was slow to dry my hair. Glad I had taken my 120V hair dryer.

Is that true for the Star Flyer?

Thanks,

MSEm

When we were on the Star Clipper, the cabin electrical power was 120V.

There was a very nice 220V hair dryer on the Star Clipper, but on 120V it was slow to dry my hair. Glad I had taken my 120V hair dryer.

Is that true for the Star Flyer?

Thanks,

MSEm

Yes, electrical on the Flyer is 120V. There was a 220 hairdryer in our cabin, but I couldn't figure out why, as there was no plug it fit to plug into. It was fastened under the mirror in the cabin and couldn't be removed, so just took up space - a small annoyance. The hairdryer mounted on the wall in the bathroom worked fine.

OK let us get real. What is being done about smoking? The health hazard is terrible. And, on deck, with the wind blowing, it does that, the ashes and the smoke flows from the smoker to the non smoker. So, who is or when is this going to stop. We will not go on the ships till they do something meaningful and we mean a new tough standard. As a non smoker, you are forcing us to smoke, second hand smoke at that.

PNB :mad:

OK let us get real. What is being done about smoking? The health hazard is terrible. And, on deck, with the wind blowing, it does that, the ashes and the smoke flows from the smoker to the non smoker. So, who is or when is this going to stop. We will not go on the ships till they do something meaningful and we mean a new tough standard. As a non smoker, you are forcing us to smoke, second hand smoke at that.

PNB :mad:

I don't have time to say all I have to say about this issue right now, but in short, while the Star Flyer has taken steps (they designate a smoking and non-smoking side [supposedly depending on how the wind is going] in the Tropical Bar, which is an improvement over the Royal a year ago where the whole Tropical Bar was open to smokers) the policy is poorly enforced, not well understood by crew, and doesn't go far enough.:(

More later... I have to go to work this morning!

Archived