RCI secrets they don't tell you

kembo

Lots of talk about tipping. Is this above and beyond pre-paid gratuities? Does staff know if you pre-pay? I don't want them to think they're unappreciated. Also can't double tip everyone. Thanks!

The staff knows if you pre-pay.

Jlajla, I'm so glad you posted this tip. I have been doing this for the past few years. I try to take a new fragrance with me to a new spot. I know that perfumes can cause reactions to sensitive people so I try to limit it to a new soap or talcum powder. It is true that smells can trigger your memory faster than anything else. I once put a tiny pinch of lavender in my pocket while visiting the Vita Sackville-West gardens in England. Months later when I happened on it the entire garden came crashing back in my memory!;)Lily

Has anyone been on the Navigator since its make over? There was some discussion about the "coffee tables" being taken out and to be redesigned. Were they put back in? We have a Promenade Room on Dec 7th sailing and think I would enjoy sitting in the window seat people watching with room service, hence the need for the little table.

This will be our third cruise, first on RCCL. Our first cruise was at Halloween on Carnival. It was so much fun to see all the different door decorations and how creative cruisers can be. Since we are sailing in December this time, I will probably do something Christmasy.

My only tip to add to all the great advice presented here is to relax and enjoy, don't sweat the small stuff--its not worth upsetting your vacation. Does it really matter if someone cuts in front of you to grab a roll? Or if someone is holding a table? Do you really care what others think of you--you will most likely never see these people again. Who cares if they judge whether you should be using the elevator or stairs! You will meet many really nice, interesting people on board and a few real jerks. Ignore the jerks and enjoy the other passengers. If you get the chance to share your table--by all means do. Be the first to say hello and start a conversation, you will be rewarded.

Has anyone been on the Navigator since its make over? There was some discussion about the "coffee tables" being taken out and to be redesigned. Were they put back in? We have a Promenade Room on Dec 7th sailing and think I would enjoy sitting in the window seat people watching with room service, hence the need for the little table.

This will be our third cruise, first on RCCL. Our first cruise was at Halloween on Carnival. It was so much fun to see all the different door decorations and how creative cruisers can be. Since we are sailing in December this time, I will probably do something Christmasy.

My only tip to add to all the great advice presented here is to relax and enjoy, don't sweat the small stuff--its not worth upsetting your vacation. Does it really matter if someone cuts in front of you to grab a roll? Or if someone is holding a table? Do you really care what others think of you--you will most likely never see these people again. Who cares if they judge whether you should be using the elevator or stairs! You will meet many really nice, interesting people on board and a few real jerks. Ignore the jerks and enjoy the other passengers. If you get the chance to share your table--by all means do. Be the first to say hello and start a conversation, you will be rewarded.

We were on the second cruise out of dry dock. Still no coffee table, but we brought in the balcony table. Crowding at elevators and restaurants. We arrived at the windjammer when it opened and never had trouble getting a table. Ship even crowded on port days.

Giovanne's good. Avoid.Chop`s, poor service in February. But by now they've had some turnaround. Sabor's, excellent and not to be missed! Make all dining reservations on day 1, or they won't give you the OBC. We had pre-booked one and made the other two on day 1, and had to get the Diamond Concierge to fix our account.

C&A discounts not loaded on card, had to visit Guest Relations.

Sent from my KFJWA using Tapatalk HD

Edited by knittinggirl

Jlajla, I'm so glad you posted this tip. I have been doing this for the past few years. I try to take a new fragrance with me to a new spot. I know that perfumes can cause reactions to sensitive people so I try to limit it to a new soap or talcum powder. It is true that smells can trigger your memory faster than anything else. I once put a tiny pinch of lavender in my pocket while visiting the Vita Sackville-West gardens in England. Months later when I happened on it the entire garden came crashing back in my memory!;)Lily

This is totally true!! I do that on every trip and it really brings you back!!!

Sent from my QMV7A using Forums mobile app

Edited by silver_cloud

I went in April and we didn't have a table either and I am one of those who were glad. It have more room. We did have 2 chairs and a very small table on the balcony. Never ran I to any crowds the whole cruise or long lines except Johnny rockets towards the end of the cruise. Had great service all around and our room attendant was awesome. We bought erasable markers and would leave her a note on the mirror if we needed something or just wanted to say thank you to her and she would write back a note or draw a picture. The WJ had great food and never a wait except for the made to order omelets. I would go again in a heartbeat except not out of Galveston. To hard for travel arrangements. Have fun and enjoy. If you go to Cozumel. Look up mr sanchos. Great price and awesome time

Jamie

The stateroom number is on there, it is slightly disguised in that they omit the deck number.

For example, cabin 8660 on deck 8, will have the numbers 660 somewhere on the card face.

Yes, I learned this the hard way one night after many rum drinks :p

For the quadrant colors go to RCI web site, select ship, then map. For oasis class the outer part of the deck map indicates the colors that you will see near the elevators and on the door numbers to your cabin. The tip already mentioned about the arrow pointing to the front of the ship is also convenient once you know it is there.

ImageUploadedByForums1406405049.427266.jpg.5ef2ae00d4cc5144ed956cb62cd8a5f8.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Ok my mum and dad are just back from a trip on ncl . They got talking to a honeymoon couple who had their ALL INCLUSIVE honeymoon cruise bought for them as a wedding present. They thought that because the package was bought before the cruise they wouldn't get charged a gratuity every time the got a drink but when they got their bill they were shocked to see a 360 drink gratuity bill! Is that how it works on the rci u still pay gratuities . Even if us have paid for a drinks package before cruising!!!!!???

Ok my mum and dad are just back from a trip on ncl . They got talking to a honeymoon couple who had their ALL INCLUSIVE honeymoon cruise bought for them as a wedding present. They thought that because the package was bought before the cruise they wouldn't get charged a gratuity every time the got a drink but when they got their bill they were shocked to see a 360 drink gratuity bill! Is that how it works on the rci u still pay gratuities . Even if us have paid for a drinks package before cruising!!!!!???

The prices for the current unlimited drinks packages include gratuity. The only exception is the Refreshment (soda only) for which a 15% gratuity is added to the listed price at the time of purchase. However, in all these cases, no additional gratuity is added when drinks are consumed.

This doesn't sound like drink gratuity but staff gratuity for a 15 day cruise ( 15x12x2=360 ). Drink gratuities are not shown as a separate item on your statement. To have a $360 drink gratuity would be $2400 in drinks at 15% graduity.

• 3 weeks later...
Photocopy your passport so you can take the copy on excursions. Saves loosing the real thing! :rolleyes:

I'd take the real thing ashore and leave the copy. If something happens and your left at the port or have a medical emergency you'll need the real thing, not a photo copy. If you loose your passport (or it is stolen) they'll still let you on board the ship. (But maybe customs won't let your back in the country, so you'll be forced to stay on the ship forever! :) )

I'd take the real thing ashore and leave the copy. If something happens and your left at the port or have a medical emergency you'll need the real thing, not a photo copy. If you loose your passport (or it is stolen) they'll still let you on board the ship. (But maybe customs won't let your back in the country, so you'll be forced to stay on the ship forever! :) )

and the down side to this would be

Photocopy your passport so you can take the copy on excursions. Saves loosing the real thing! :rolleyes:

We have a photo copy of the passport, passport photos and the passport application in a folder that goes with us on trips. Had a fellow tour group member get her passport stolen on the great wall.

Sent from my KFJWA using Tapatalk HD