RCI secrets they don't tell you

kembo

We are sailing out of Baltimore on the 9-4 and I would like to take a 12-pack of Lipton Green Tea. If I put a luggage tag on it, do you think it will make it to my room? This is our first RC cruise and I sure don't want to get called to the naughty room. We've taken these in our carry-on luggage on other cruise lines at other ports without any problem, but I don't want to have to lug them around until we can get into the room if possible.

We are sailing out of Baltimore on the 9-4 and I would like to take a 12-pack of Lipton Green Tea. If I put a luggage tag on it, do you think it will make it to my room? This is our first RC cruise and I sure don't want to get called to the naughty room. We've taken these in our carry-on luggage on other cruise lines at other ports without any problem, but I don't want to have to lug them around until we can get into the room if possible.

You will probably be OK, but there's a small chance that they will refuse it.

Not only do I keep a photo copy if my passport in the room when traveling but I also take a photo of all of my families passports with my smart phone. I do this with all my cruise documents as well. This way it is easy for me to email a copy to my family at home ( just in case) and I have ease of access in an emergency.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not only do I keep a photo copy if my passport in the room when traveling but I also take a photo of all of my families passports with my smart phone. I do this with all my cruise documents as well. This way it is easy for me to email a copy to my family at home ( just in case) and I have ease of access in an emergency.

I hadn't thought about that - THANKS! Great idea ;)

I have a copy in Dropbox and on my Kindle too

Just finished reading all 66 pages over about 4 days.

DH and I will be taking our first cruise ever on Freedom of the Seas at the end of October. We will be celebrating our 30th anniversary.

I know nothing about cruising and have made note of a lot of tips. I still have a lot of questions. Luckily my son and his girlfriend took this same cruise 18 months ago and can answer some of them.

Just finished reading all 66 pages over about 4 days.

DH and I will be taking our first cruise ever on Freedom of the Seas at the end of October. We will be celebrating our 30th anniversary.

I know nothing about cruising and have made note of a lot of tips. I still have a lot of questions. Luckily my son and his girlfriend took this same cruise 18 months ago and can answer some of them.

Welcome to Cruise Critic Carol. You've found the best resource available to learn about cruising. Enjoy the addiction. :)

A little glance into the future that RCI doesn't want you to see!

DD will be brought online fleet wide ASAP!

Then shortly thereafter the number of complementary options will slowly be decreased until about 24 months after full implementation there will be no complementary dining of any type on any of the ships!

All dining will be pay as you go!

And yes this includes the windjammer!!!

And yes it will be far more expensive than the same type food establishment on shore after all they have a captive customer base!!!!

Then shortly thereafter the number of complementary options will slowly be decreased until about 24 months after full implementation there will be no complementary dining of any type on any of the ships!

And yes it will be far more expensive than the same type food establishment on shore after all they have a captive customer base!!!!

Look who's back on CC!!!!

OMG!!! What are we all going to do!!!!

:rolleyes:

1.) I seriously doubt it.

2.) You're only a "captive customer base" if you choose to step onto the ship (any of RCI's ships) knowing full well what the situation is. I have less than zero desire to be on any of the ships with the "Dreamworks Experience" -- So guess what I do? I don't book those ships. Novel idea, yeah?

3.) This is a free-market society. No one is forced to take a vacation they don't like, or forced to vacation at all. There are many other cruise lines and other vacation opportunities. If RCI doesn't make money on Dynamic Dining or any other venture, they will scuttle it. It's that simple.

It's been 3 years since our last cruise because we were trying other vacation options - including all-inclusive resorts. If what you say is true, I'll be taking my last cruise this Nov. and switching to all-inclusive resorts for ALL of my vacations. Let's hope this doesn't happen.

I just finished reading all 66 pages and I only have one thing to add. If you are traveling with a large group and you are spread throughout the ship, type a cheat sheet of everyone's cabin numbers to keep by the phone. On our last cruise we did the cheat sheets and it made life much easier.

You will probably be OK, but there's a small chance that they will refuse it.

Just sailed out of Baltimore and we put a case of water and 12 pack of Coke in a checked suitcase, no questions asked and was delivered to our room. Saw others at check in point carrying cases of water but I are whether RCCL let on that way or not. Did talk to others that had in a checked bag with no problems.

I doubt it. Cruisers would hear, then cancel their bookings.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk HD

This is a technique I'm going to try out on Liberty this weekend!

As my wife and I travel from Australia to the Caribbean or Europe for vacation we always pack old stuff that will be despatched with as our trip goes on. Sox and underwear particularly, but also cologne that's running out etc.

I always grab a t-shirt from the ship, but wait until the last few days to buy when they're cheap.

I did not extra tip....all i did was tell this was the kids first cruise and we wanted towel animals every night...it was done

Just a quick one: we tipped our stateroom attendant on the first day, and had the poorest service in our stateroom we've ever had.

Even down to having to leave a post-it note for soap and shampoo.

Soap and shampoo are no longer standard, bring your own, we had none.