Diamond Princess Asia Cruise Tour???

CL2 Mermaid

Hi All

We are considering a cruise tour on Diamond Princess. It is called Yangtze Experience, 8 night "land" tour in China (including a Yangtze River cruise) and then 16 nights cruise through China, Vietnam, Thailand, etc.

Has anyone done this cruise tour? Would you be kind enough to share your experiences and opinions with us?

We have never sailed on Princess before and would like to know about the ship, crew, excursions etc. We have sailed on Celebrity, Oceania and Royal Carib and have heard very mixed opinions about Princess.

I know I can read some reviews on CC, but would also like to hear from those who do not choose to write formal reviews.

Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving to you all.

Bo (aka CL2 Mermaid)

Hi All

We are considering a cruise tour on Diamond Princess. It is called Yangtze Experience, 8 night "land" tour in China (including a Yangtze River cruise) and then 16 nights cruise through China, Vietnam, Thailand, etc.

Has anyone done this cruise tour? Would you be kind enough to share your experiences and opinions with us?

We have never sailed on Princess before and would like to know about the ship, crew, excursions etc. We have sailed on Celebrity, Oceania and Royal Carib and have heard very mixed opinions about Princess.

I know I can read some reviews on CC, but would also like to hear from those who do not choose to write formal reviews.

Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving to you all.

Bo (aka CL2 Mermaid)

Thanks for posting this. :D We're considering this tour for next year too and would love some feedback. I'm very interested in finding out if the seas are rough before selecting position of mini-suite. Does the Yangtze cruise tour include the Great Wall and the Terra Cotta Warriors?

Thanks for posting this. :D We're considering this tour for next year too and would love some feedback. I'm very interested in finding out if the seas are rough before selecting position of mini-suite. Does the Yangtze cruise tour include the Great Wall and the Terra Cotta Warriors?

Per the Princess Exotics Brochure page 38, the tour includes

o Great Wall and Summer Palace in Beijing

o Fly to Xi'an and see the Terra Cotta Warriors

o Tour Xi'an and fly to Chongqing to board Yangtze river boat

o Cruise the Yangtze with one stop for a shore excursion

o Cruise through the Yangtze River Gorges. Optional tour to the Lesser Three Gorges (high recommended by me).

o Visit the Three Gorges Dam site. Disembark and travel to Wuhan.

o Fly to Beijing. Tour the Temple of Heaven

o Tour Tiananmen Square and the Forbidden City. Transfer to ship.

Per the Princess Exotics Brochure page 38, the tour includes

o Great Wall and Summer Palace in Beijing

o Fly to Xi'an and see the Terra Cotta Warriors

o Tour Xi'an and fly to Chongqing to board Yangtze river boat

o Cruise the Yangtze with one stop for a shore excursion

o Cruise through the Yangtze River Gorges. Optional tour to the Lesser Three Gorges (high recommended by me).

o Visit the Three Gorges Dam site. Disembark and travel to Wuhan.

o Fly to Beijing. Tour the Temple of Heaven

o Tour Tiananmen Square and the Forbidden City. Transfer to ship.

Thank you! should have looked myself:o

• 11 months later...

Archived