Inexpensive Hotel in Paris in the Spring 2011

blueslily

Hi,

I'm traveling to Europe for the first time next year. I will be a solo female traveler. I will be there for two nights prior to a Med cruise. I'm looking for a place that's convenient and inexpensive. :)

Any recommendations?

Thanks!

Hi,

I'm traveling to Europe for the first time next year. I will be a solo female traveler. I will be there for two nights prior to a Med cruise. I'm looking for a place that's convenient and inexpensive. :)

Any recommendations?

Thanks!

There are so many hotels in Paris,and I would suggest since it is your first time that you do some research on Paris before you go as to the different area's or ARRONDISMENTS(SP) as they are called..When you have done some homework check out the site of the link I am icluding for hotels re the ARR and the pricing.I would suggest the 1st ARR or the Left Bank.Paris is very $$$$ so the Euro to the Dollar will make a difference in your pricing.Also, Do a Google search for info and do read this board for info other's have posted.Good luck.

Hotel reservations - Venere.com

Hi,

Any recommendations?

Thanks!

My suggestion is to buy Rick Steves Book "Paris 2010". In it he shows maps and the arrondisments where the different sites and hotels are. He gives price ranges too. Sometimes if you ask for the "Rick Steves" rate you get a discount. I did this for both Paris and Venice. IMO there are no inexpensive hotels at least in the areas i was looking. Maybe farther out but being a solo traveler i would imagine you would want to be within walking distance and close to metro and bus stops. Good luck :)

just my .02 but I would check anything in a Rick Steves book as far as hotels against Tripadvisor. yes, I know Tripadvisor can be very biased, but I have not been impressed with Steves' hotels in the past especially if he gushes on price . . .

Archived