Insurance??

CRUISEN4ALIVIN

Yes, but get it through a third party, not the cruiseline. http://www.insuremytrip.com you can compare costs there. Also, check to see if you have any travel already existing from you r credit card company, such as flight insurance and lost baggage coverage. You may be able to save money not adding thos items to your insurance policy. We mainly get it to cover any medical evacuation or travel delay.

Should you purchase Insurance. Absolutely. To many variables that could affect any part of the cruise, from missed fights to delays lost luggage etc. One other item if you book six months in advance then you get sick??? Don't get it through the line to expensive. I been buying my through my TA. This year I'm crusing in 11/2005 book this month my premium for 3 - $207.00.

Let's answer your question with a question: Can you afford to lose all your money if you get into a car accident the day before your cruise leaves? Can you afford to lose your money if a family members dies, if you need emergency surgery a week before the cruise departs? Can you afford to pay $30,000 to be evacuated off the ship if you have any medical emergency? If you answered no to any of those questions, you need insurance.

Most US insurance won't cover you when you leave the country---not even Medicare covers you when you leave the country. The only problem you will have with getting your insurance so late is that it won't cover any pre-existing conditions you might have. Pre-existing is anything you've been treated for within the past 180 days. Also, if there is anyone in your immediate family, even if they aren't cruising with you, who have pre-existing conditions and you have to cancel your cruise to be with that person, your insurance won't cover that either. In order to be covered for pre-existing you have to buy your insurance within 14 days of first booking the cruise. I hope you don't have to worry about pre-existing.

Archived